Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Kernel and ROM

OP sharky05

13th May 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi, since I can't post in the Slimkat threat I open new one. I am very happy with Slimkat 4.4.2 except that the battery life is short. I did search but couldn't find answer to my question.
Is there a Kernel/s for Slimkat 4.4.2 build 3/4/5 that extends the battery life, and what kind of choices I have?
I will be very happy for your help.
13th May 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Asnieres-Sur-Seine
Thanks Meter: 1,427

2,271 posts
More
I find the Devil kernel to work well with Slim, never having an issue with battery life.. I just recently did some testing on the build 5 and the battery life with both stock and Devil kernels was quite good (around 14-16hrs with 3+hrs of screen time)... There are few roms with this amount of battery life.. And to get a true representation of battery performance you need to have at least two full battery cycles.. There are other little tip/tricks to extend battery life a bit further, feel free to visit the link in my signature for some ideas on how your rom compares and for tips on battery life..
The Following User Says Thank You to Setting.Out For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Hey that was quick Actually I did check out the CyanAOSP and sound interesting, but for now I will stay with Slim.
Just for information I compare the battery life with CM 4.3 and Slimrom 4.3. Using these ROMs the battery last 2 days for me. I do complete battery cycles after flash even if needed I use battery calibration app. I will check the tips from the link for sure. Just still not sure what is the appropriate Kernel/s for Slimkat 4.4.x. As far as I was reading not every kernel works on every Rom.
13th May 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Asnieres-Sur-Seine

2,271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky05

Hey that was quick Actually I did check out the CyanAOSP and sound interesting, but for now I will stay with Slim.
Just for information I compare the battery life with CM 4.3 and Slimrom 4.3. Using these ROMs the battery last 2 days for me. I do complete battery cycles after flash even if needed I use battery calibration app. I will check the tips from the link for sure. Just still not sure what is the appropriate Kernel/s for Slimkat 4.4.x. As far as I was reading not every kernel works on every Rom.

You are welcome to try the ported rom, but the comparison was the chart that is the link, it has information comparing different roms..
13th May 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 24

104 posts
kernel
anyone else using the devil kernel notice any high temperatures ?
14th May 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
So... only Devil kernel for SlimKat 4.4.x ??? Where I can get it?
14th May 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #7  
Flag Asnieres-Sur-Seine

2,271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky05

So... only Devil kernel for SlimKat 4.4.x ??? Where I can get it?

Check its kernel thread, there's a link in my signature that has it, or on almost any ROMs thread people posted links..

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Setting.Out For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Thanks for the guide
19th September 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #9  

6 posts
Need Kernel that Supports Swap
What kernel supports swap? I want to use ROEHSOFT RAM Expander v3.19.

I'm using [ROM][port][mod] CyanAOSP [kitkat 4.4.4] FAREWELL EDITION 08/03/2014

Thanks before.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread