5,598,779 Members 35,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus S - Black screen; can I recover my files?

Tip us?

nik.g
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus S - Black screen; can I recover my files?

Hey there. Well, the "Geeks" over at Best Buy deleted all the files off my Mac Pro and my Macbook. I'm devastated. So I've been looking through my old phones to try to recover as many photos as I can of my little boy & some other very important events. They were all backed up on the Macbook & Mac Pro. 4 years of pics & videos. Gone. *sigh*

I found my Nexus S and when I power it on it is stuck on a black screen. I know the device is on because the lights on the bottom are on. When I plug it in to my laptop (pc) I can see it in my Devices but I cannot see it as a drive, which is the way I used to transfer photos from the phone to my computers.

If I remember correctly (I've had 4 phones since I used this one) I had to swipe the screen down from the top to allow my computer to recognize it.

Is there any workaround for this since my screen is dead?

Thanks in advance for your help. <3

tomasz86
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik.g View Post
Hey there. Well, the "Geeks" over at Best Buy deleted all the files off my Mac Pro and my Macbook. I'm devastated. So I've been looking through my old phones to try to recover as many photos as I can of my little boy & some other very important events. They were all backed up on the Macbook & Mac Pro. 4 years of pics & videos. Gone. *sigh*

I found my Nexus S and when I power it on it is stuck on a black screen. I know the device is on because the lights on the bottom are on. When I plug it in to my laptop (pc) I can see it in my Devices but I cannot see it as a drive, which is the way I used to transfer photos from the phone to my computers.

If I remember correctly (I've had 4 phones since I used this one) I had to swipe the screen down from the top to allow my computer to recognize it.

Is there any workaround for this since my screen is dead?

Thanks in advance for your help. <3
You could try to use this method:

[GUIDE][Windows] Making backups with adb

but USB debugging must be turned on on the device...

Do you remember what version of Android was installed on your Nexus S?