XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Nexus S Camera Problem

Tip us?

Mickks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Camera [Q]Nexus S Camera Problem

Hi! I had these camera issues on my Nexus S i9020xxkl1 for a quite a long time now. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.
#1: My front camera is showing on landscape mode, even though I'm holding it right (portrait). the buttons are showing on portrait too. its just that the camera preview is on landscape!
#2: On my rear camera, when I press the record button to take a video, the camera app crashes and shows "unfortunately, gallery has stopped".
I almost tried everything from wiping, return to stock etc. Now I'm on stock 4.0.4. thank you!

sirtivi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickks View Post
Hi! I had these camera issues on my Nexus S i9020xxkl1 for a quite a long time now. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.
#1: My front camera is showing on landscape mode, even though I'm holding it right (portrait). the buttons are showing on portrait too. its just that the camera preview is on landscape!
#2: On my rear camera, when I press the record button to take a video, the camera app crashes and shows "unfortunately, gallery has stopped".
I almost tried everything from wiping, return to stock etc. Now I'm on stock 4.0.4. thank you!
I believe that you have a software problem..and the easiest way for you is to reinstall a new software (ROM). You can find it in this site in the right topic. You follow the indications and maybe you fix your problem.

Make a backup of your data/apps/images/contacts/etc & enjoy your new phone

ej8989
Old
Thanks Meter 374
Quote:
Try a kitkat rom. It's at least 3x faster than ICS and has a good chance to fix your problem.

VerlyAnanda
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
flashing to stock firmware again maybe your camera work again