Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 44,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus S not discovering enterprise network

Tip us?

Freddiey13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus S not discovering enterprise network

Hi I have a Nexus S on 4.0.4 and I am having trouble connecting to my school wifi. It is a WPA2 Enterprise network with mschapv2 authentication, my phone doesn't see it at all even though my friend next to me can connect fine on a fourth gen iPod Touch. Could someone please help me as this is quite frustrating.

Cheers Liam

smit.sanghavi
Old
(Last edited by smit.sanghavi; 12th May 2014 at 03:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddiey13 View Post
Hi I have a Nexus S on 4.0.4 and I am having trouble connecting to my school wifi. It is a WPA2 Enterprise network with mschapv2 authentication, my phone doesn't see it at all even though my friend next to me can connect fine on a fourth gen iPod Touch. Could someone please help me as this is quite frustrating.

Cheers Liam
AFAIK, Android 4.0.4 does not support it. May be Jellybean supports it. You'll need a patched wpa_supplicant file to connect to enterprise networks.

Do you not see the network or are you unable to connect it?
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"

Freddiey13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks but that doesn't help very much as my phone won't even display the network in the list, I've tried everything I can think of and range can't be a problem as I stand like 5 metres from the access point

Freddiey13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi View Post
AFAIK, Android 4.0.4 does not support it. May be Jellybean supports it. You'll need a patched wpa_supplicant file to connect to enterprise networks.

Do you not see the network or are you unable to connect it?
Hey thanks for the help, unfortunately Jelly Bean doesn't work either, I've downgraded to Gingerbread though as I can connect on my old Galaxy Ace, so fingers crossed.

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddiey13 View Post
Hey thanks for the help, unfortunately Jelly Bean doesn't work either, I've downgraded to Gingerbread though as I can connect on my old Galaxy Ace, so fingers crossed.
I thought if it'll work since Samsung might've fixed the problem in Ace. But there's no harm in trying. [emoji2]

If it doesn't work then you might as well try a KitKat ROM.

All the best!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"