FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[Q] Nexus s doesn't charge and doesn't turn on

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By Tony_More, Junior Member on 18th September 2011, 09:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello I have a nexus S i used for a few days... than i ditched it for another phone and i left it in a drawer... this about a month ago... now it won't turn.
I tried to charge the phone but it's just flat line... no light, no signal of power... nothing.

The phone worked just fine up until i put it in the drawer... so i don't understand....

Any idea?
 
 
18th September 2011, 09:49 PM |#2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 25,042
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_More

Hello I have a nexus S i used for a few days... than i ditched it for another phone and i left it in a drawer... this about a month ago... now it won't turn.
I tried to charge the phone but it's just flat line... no light, no signal of power... nothing.

The phone worked just fine up until i put it in the drawer... so i don't understand....

Any idea?

sounds like the battery lost completely all of its charge. usually when that happens, the battery is done for. try another nexus s battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2011, 09:50 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
is there any way to recover the battery at all?
18th September 2011, 10:03 PM |#4  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 25,042
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_More

is there any way to recover the battery at all?

it happened to me once, on my nexus one. i couldnt get it to charge after hours of trying. so i called htc to get a replacement battery. while i was on the phone with htc, it out of the blue, started charging. so i kept my original battery and got a free replacement from htc
18th September 2011, 10:55 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks so much for your help... i will try to leave it charging for a while...
18th September 2011, 11:04 PM |#6  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 25,042
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_More

Thanks so much for your help... i will try to leave it charging for a while...

try pulling the battery out while still plugged in, then put it back in. try wall charger and try usb. even try putting the battery in the freezer for an hour or so(i doubt itll help though).
19th September 2011, 06:05 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
At the end I had to play McGiver but it worked just great...

I jump started the battery as shown in this video

www youtube com/watch?v=cvC67ZR6zfU

If you are performing it on a new phone's battery this process is not for the faint of heart... but I had ordered already a new battery so I just took the gamble...

Anyhow for whoever may have the same problem this WORKS.
19th September 2011, 06:19 PM |#8  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 25,042
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_More

At the end I had to play McGiver but it worked just great...

I jump started the battery as shown in this video

www youtube com/watch?v=cvC67ZR6zfU

If you are performing it on a new phone's battery this process is not for the faint of heart... but I had ordered already a new battery so I just took the gamble...

Anyhow for whoever may have the same problem this WORKS.

very cool!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes