Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 40,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus s eMMC dead, or what?

Tip us?
 
jaani8
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2010
Unhappy Nexus s eMMC dead, or what?

Unlocked Nexus s i9023 stuck on google logo. Tried to wipe cache/ re-flash in recovery...but unable to mount sdcard. "E:Unable to mount /sdcard"

I have tried: Fastboot.. flashing boot and recovery works.
system and userdata ain't

sending 'userdata' (18796 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.511s]
writing 'userdata'...
FAILED (remote: Write Fail)
finished. total time: 2.539s

On phone screen "Verified EXT4 image!" in red

Odin3 v1.83 with download mode gives write error and on phone screen red txt

KA3...New eMMC Support Fail

Stock android recovery wipe data/factory reset does do nothing.

Sideload...on TWRP recovery.
C:\Users\Jaani\Desktop\adb>adb push rom.zip /sdcard
2788 KB/s (153760279 bytes in 53.839s)

Then try to install zip. Failed, unable to mount storage.


Any ideas?
 
smit.sanghavi
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 367
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
Lock and unlock bootloader. If still not working then eMMC dead.
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"
 
jaani8
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi View Post
Lock and unlock bootloader. If still not working then eMMC dead.
C:\Users\Jaani\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem lock
...
OKAY [ 0.048s]
finished. total time: 0.051s

C:\Users\Jaani\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem unlock
...
FAILED (remote: Erase Fail)
finished. total time: 21.708s

C:\Users\Jaani\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem unlock
...
FAILED (remote: Erase Fail)
finished. total time: 1.671s
 
smit.sanghavi
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 367
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
So long eMMC...
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"
 
jaani8
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi View Post
So long eMMC...
Also tried that hairdryer trick, didn't help.
 
Ezee-E
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa
Try a new usb cable! I know it sounds a little tooo easy but I had same problem. I finally found that the cable has to be really snug in fit. I mean real tight that it almost feels like it wont fit. It seems that if there is just a slight bit of play the signal gets pooched somehow and then everything reports dead.
Once you get a cable that fits real well, adb, fastboot and the whole nine yards will work and life will be grand again. It took a while and a few returns to Staples and Best Buy and Future Shop til I found the right one and when i did i bought two spare just becuase and I haven't had any problems since.
I just retired my Nexus S in late November (which was my daily driver since it came out) for a Nexus 5. The S is now running CM11 KK4.4.2 and surprisingly much much smoother than JB but there ain't no looking back after having a N5.

Good luck!
 
jaani8
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezee-E View Post
Try a new usb cable! I know it sounds a little tooo easy but I had same problem. I finally found that the cable has to be really snug in fit. I mean real tight that it almost feels like it wont fit. It seems that if there is just a slight bit of play the signal gets pooched somehow and then everything reports dead.
Once you get a cable that fits real well, adb, fastboot and the whole nine yards will work and life will be grand again. It took a while and a few returns to Staples and Best Buy and Future Shop til I found the right one and when i did i bought two spare just becuase and I haven't had any problems since.
I just retired my Nexus S in late November (which was my daily driver since it came out) for a Nexus 5. The S is now running CM11 KK4.4.2 and surprisingly much much smoother than JB but there ain't no looking back after having a N5.

Good luck!
Tried 7 different cables. Original Samsung, Nokia, LG's and Kindle. No success. =(
 
markeshov
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2014
Hi, i have like problem.

I think device has incorrect fstab and partitions configuration.
Nexus S has flash memory chip, parted to some blocks.

Code:
Select Code
ls /dev/block/platform/s5pc110-onenand

mtdblock0  mtdblock1  mtdblock2  mtdblock3  mtdblock4  mtdblock5  mtdblock6
it is eMMC?

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeshov View Post
Hi, i have like problem.

I think device has incorrect fstab and partitions configuration.
Nexus S has flash memory chip, parted to some blocks.

Code:
Select Code
ls /dev/block/platform/s5pc110-onenand

mtdblock0  mtdblock1  mtdblock2  mtdblock3  mtdblock4  mtdblock5  mtdblock6
it is eMMC?
jaani8
can you show ouput from your device?

ls /dev/block/platform
 
jaani8
Old
(Last edited by jaani8; 2nd March 2014 at 03:45 PM.)
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeshov View Post
Hi, i have like problem.

I think device has incorrect fstab and partitions configuration.
Nexus S has flash memory chip, parted to some blocks.

Code:
Select Code
ls /dev/block/platform/s5pc110-onenand

mtdblock0  mtdblock1  mtdblock2  mtdblock3  mtdblock4  mtdblock5  mtdblock6
it is eMMC?

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------



jaani8
can you show ouput from your device?

ls /dev/block/platform
Seems same. TWRP recovery.

~ # ←[6nls /dev/block/platform
ls /dev/block/platform
s5pc110-onenand
~ # ←[6n

~ # ←[6nls /dev/block/platform/s5pc110-onenand
ls /dev/block/platform/s5pc110-onenand
mtdblock0
mtdblock1
mtdblock2
mtdblock3
mtdblock4
mtdblock5
mtdblock6

/dev/block/platform/s5pc110-onenand # ←[6ncd mtdblock0
cd mtdblock0
/sbin/sh: cd: can't cd to mtdblock0
 
jaani8
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2010
Up!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...