Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't install apps through the Market on factory reset rooted device

Tip us?

Psyrical
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't install apps through the Market on factory reset rooted device

My Nexus S have been messed up for a while now cos Google apps would never work on it, so I decided to factory reset and wipe my Nexus S clean, then root it to install a new rom. I factory reset, wipe, and rooted it but when I went to install rom manager to install a new rom, I can't install anything from the market. I've download the rom manager apk and placed it in a file but I can't access it since there is no app to browse files on the device.

Also I can't get service on the phone for some reason and airplane mode keeps turning on itself.

Android version: 2.3.1
Build number: GRH78

Faizi Ch
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrical View Post
My Nexus S have been messed up for a while now cos Google apps would never work on it, so I decided to factory reset and wipe my Nexus S clean, then root it to install a new rom. I factory reset, wipe, and rooted it but when I went to install rom manager to install a new rom, I can't install anything from the market. I've download the rom manager apk and placed it in a file but I can't access it since there is no app to browse files on the device.

Also I can't get service on the phone for some reason and airplane mode keeps turning on itself.

Download a custom rom zip and flash it via recovery

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII
Rom: Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.2
Kernel: Resurrection Remix Stock
Recovery: PhilZ Touch Recovery v6.41.6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Devices: Samsung Nexus S, HTC MyTouch 4g, HTC Wildfire
The Following User Says Thank You to Faizi Ch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 127
2.3.1! *shudders*

Use Nexus Root Toolkit. It will take care of all your needs.

Flash a custom recovery from fastboot and then install a ROM of your choice.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizi Ch View Post
Download a custom rom zip and flash it via recovery

I think it's not possible to flash a custom recovery from stock recovery.

Status 0 error?

Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"
The Following User Says Thank You to smit.sanghavi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Faizi Ch
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi View Post
2.3.1! *shudders*

Use Nexus Root Toolkit. It will take care of all your needs.

Flash a custom recovery from fastboot and then install a ROM of your choice.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I think it's not possible to flash a custom recovery from stock recovery.

Status 0 error?

Download latest recovery and flash it following this method:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=35132445

Or install via nexus s toolkit

Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII
Rom: Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.2
Kernel: Resurrection Remix Stock
Recovery: PhilZ Touch Recovery v6.41.6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Devices: Samsung Nexus S, HTC MyTouch 4g, HTC Wildfire
The Following User Says Thank You to Faizi Ch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richyg83
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrical View Post

Follow the steps above to get a working recovery running. Then Flash a Custom Rom by "install zip from SD Card".

Important: Flash the correct GAPPS right after flashing the Rom. If there`re still Problems, try to fix permissions in recoverys Options
The Following User Says Thank You to richyg83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Psyrical
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks everyone I managed to install a new rom (Illusion) and everything is working fine.