FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Nexus s Root with broken power button

8th December 2012, 12:29 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi. I am new to android and trying to root my Google Nexus S which has a broken power button, so can't use the normal methods.
I have searched but cannot find a way of unlock and or rooting without the power button.

My question is that is it possible to root without the power button working? Can it be done through some terminal commands? I have tried the one click root for Nexus S and that did not work either.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
 
 
8th December 2012, 12:59 AM |#2  
polobunny's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,481
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze77

Hi. I am new to android and trying to root my Google Nexus S which has a broken power button, so can't use the normal methods.
I have searched but cannot find a way of unlock and or rooting without the power button.

My question is that is it possible to root without the power button working? Can it be done through some terminal commands? I have tried the one click root for Nexus S and that did not work either.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on what Android version you are running. If it's Gingerbread, yes. Otherwise, no.
8th December 2012, 01:23 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

Depends on what Android version you are running. If it's Gingerbread, yes. Otherwise, no.

it says Android version 4.1.2, baseband version i9020xxki1, kernel version 3.031-g5894150

When I used the one click script and it went into fast boot mode, I am sure it said bootloader unlocked or something similar in red.

Thanks.
8th December 2012, 01:26 AM |#4  
polobunny's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,481
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze77

it says Android version 4.1.2, baseband version i9020xxki1, kernel version 3.031-g5894150

When I used the one click script and it went into fast boot mode, I am sure it said bootloader unlocked or something similar in red.

Thanks.

One click can't do nothing if you're not able to press power when you need to unlock fastboot.

You're pretty much SOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to polobunny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2012, 02:07 AM |#5  
lamenaceQC's Avatar
Member
Flag QC-Saguenay
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I have the same issue -_-.... :banghead:
23rd February 2013, 05:44 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Where to buy Power Button then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamenaceQC

I have the same issue -_-.... :banghead:

I am in the exact same situation! Trying to root without a power button.

I'm not at the banghead stage yet, but I'm trying to look for a power button replacement.

Can anyone share with me where you bought your power button for the Nexus S from?

thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes