Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[Q] Nexus s Root with broken power button

8th December 2012, 12:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi. I am new to android and trying to root my Google Nexus S which has a broken power button, so can't use the normal methods.
I have searched but cannot find a way of unlock and or rooting without the power button.

My question is that is it possible to root without the power button working? Can it be done through some terminal commands? I have tried the one click root for Nexus S and that did not work either.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
8th December 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,446

6,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze77

Hi. I am new to android and trying to root my Google Nexus S which has a broken power button, so can't use the normal methods.
I have searched but cannot find a way of unlock and or rooting without the power button.

My question is that is it possible to root without the power button working? Can it be done through some terminal commands? I have tried the one click root for Nexus S and that did not work either.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on what Android version you are running. If it's Gingerbread, yes. Otherwise, no.
8th December 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

Depends on what Android version you are running. If it's Gingerbread, yes. Otherwise, no.

it says Android version 4.1.2, baseband version i9020xxki1, kernel version 3.031-g5894150

When I used the one click script and it went into fast boot mode, I am sure it said bootloader unlocked or something similar in red.

Thanks.
8th December 2012, 01:26 AM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,446

6,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze77

it says Android version 4.1.2, baseband version i9020xxki1, kernel version 3.031-g5894150

When I used the one click script and it went into fast boot mode, I am sure it said bootloader unlocked or something similar in red.

Thanks.

One click can't do nothing if you're not able to press power when you need to unlock fastboot.

You're pretty much SOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to polobunny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #5  
Flag QC-Saguenay
Thanks Meter: 5

84 posts
More
I have the same issue -_-.... :banghead:
23rd February 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 67

179 posts
More
Where to buy Power Button then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamenaceQC

I have the same issue -_-.... :banghead:

I am in the exact same situation! Trying to root without a power button.

I'm not at the banghead stage yet, but I'm trying to look for a power button replacement.

Can anyone share with me where you bought your power button for the Nexus S from?

thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread