[Q] Nexus S USB Mount Problems [Q]

Search This thread

halukozen

Dec 5, 2010
Same in here i already tried below please inform if anybody found any different solution
(Nexus S Gsm Version) (Android 4.0.4 - Cyanogen Mod Version 9.0.0 Build Number IMM76D)

+ Tried USB Drivers from SDK with debuggin mode (not working)
+ Tried Samsung Drivers (not working)
+ PDA Net Installation fail because the device won't get connected (obviously not working!)
+ Different Cables (including HTC and another spare not working!)
+ Differen OS (Mac OS installed new Google USB App & Windows 7 Ultimate ) (Not Working)
+ Recovery mode -> USB Mounting (Not Working)

is it obvious that ICS 4.0 (at least 4.0.4) has a USB bug .?!? :confused:

al_madd

May 17, 2011
Try fresh install rom..

If also not working clean your nexus usb socket..must be some dirt inside it interfere

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

halukozen

Dec 5, 2010
Try fresh install rom..

If also not working clean your nexus usb socket..must be some dirt inside it interfere

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for your reply ,

+ well i tried flashing clean
+ restoring a backup which i used for a long while
+ flashing with a stable version
+ cleaned the port and cable for couple of times (no doubt cable works fine tried on lot different phones)

none seems work ...

the thing is i started to had a bad feeling maybe there might be problem with the port ...

but on the other hand' sounds more than coincidence having this problem just after 4.0.4 update:confused::confused::confused:

halukozen

Dec 5, 2010
ok so i made it work again somehow!!!

Tried lots of stuff for the last 3 days i don't know which actually had effect

+ Don't remeber the name of the app but i DL some app that allow UMT ?!? connection ... (didn't work) (XDA forum)
+ Downloaded a batch file which forces fastboot to do something (XDA forum)
+ Formated USB Drive (get backups via bluetooth) (didn't work)
+ Read an artical on androidforums about bending middle piece on usb port (didn't work at that time but might helped)
+ As in discussion on "google codes" removed battery and volaaa (worked!) (temp. solution)

well , as i told before i was suspicious about ICS & Nexus S software problem right now i am almost sure thats a software bug ....
(still not sure which one of those steps had major affect ... but as the last thing i did was just removing the battery for 5 secs. while the device was turned on)

already contact with google and will contact with cyan. developers too.

unfortunantly i can't post a link but the issue number is 13553 code google

Last edited:

qetuol

Oct 16, 2010
i have the same problem, there is an exclamation mark at USB storage, i have the drivers installed. usb mount always worked to me, but suddenly stopped to work. image attached of HD ids. pls hlp.

Attachments

• nexs.jpg
    nexs.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 145

jackiechan8

Jan 19, 2010
Tampere
I'm going to up this, because I just had this problem with CM10. The USB mounting was working this morning, and it just stopped working out of the blue on every computer and with every usb cable. Fixed the issue with flashing original rom with fastboot (It obviously mounted in bootloader mode), but I'm pretty much clueless what happened that made the usb mounting stop working? I rebooted the phone and even did a full wipe, but only flashing the original rom fixed it. I even tried to flash another cm10 build (the newest nightly, I was on the monthly) with no luck.

Last edited:
R

Raakib Zargar

Dont pannic

Dont pannic...it may be the issue of drivers......go to my compter and then device manager...check out there ..it will show unknown device or smethng like tht.....right click on that and select the properties and click on update drivers ....it will show 2 options ....manually and search my computer automatically....download the update files and select them.....
Check this out.....it maybe helpfull...

R

Raakib Zargar

My phone can only charge but not be recognized on USB, when I plug it into my computer it says it's unrecognizable from my computer (like an error pops up). It wasn't like this before I installed the new update to the cygeonmod rom. I tried going back to stock gingerbread, other roms. Like at least 4 roms i've tried I just don't know what to do now. Any Ideas?

Well I can say is that you will need to install Latest Samsung Usb Drivers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you trying to access the storage or use development tools (like adb) via USB?

Also, have you tried with a different USB port (preferably one on the motherboard of your computer)?