5,594,077 Members 46,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NS4G not playing WMV files that an EVO does?

Tip us?

micromax
Old
(Last edited by micromax; 5th August 2011 at 02:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] NS4G not playing WMV files that an EVO does?

I received an email containing a WMV file. I tried to open it using my NS4G and get the error message that it is not supported. My father has an EVO 4G and he can open the exact same email and get the WMV to play fine. What am I missing here? We tested this on numerous emails. I have Rockplayer and many other players on the phone and none of them seem to work. Anyone else having this issue?

edit: I'm running 2.3.5 and am not rooted.

derekwilkinson
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Well what app is he opening them with? The Evo probably has a video driver that the Nexus does not.
HTC Touch (Sprint, Android OS) -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero -> HTC EVO -> Google Nexus S 4G -> Google Galaxy Nexus LTE -> HTC One -> Galaxy Nexus (again) / iPhone 5 -> Red HTC One -> Moto X

ozone89
Old
Thanks Meter 26
probably the EVO has the WMV playback feature and AFAIK, AOSP doesn't support such file format.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
Sardinia is not Italy!
Icons for avatars

joebags
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromax View Post
I received an email containing a WMV file. I tried to open it using my NS4G and get the error message that it is not supported. My father has an EVO 4G and he can open the exact same email and get the WMV to play fine. What am I missing here? We tested this on numerous emails. I have Rockplayer and many other players on the phone and none of them seem to work. Anyone else having this issue?

edit: I'm running 2.3.5 and am not rooted.
Try arcMedia. Plays everything I throw at it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App
...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
~ Johnny Cochran / Southpark
Tags
evo 4g, ns4g, wmv