Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Please, help with horrible video playback - CM10.2.1

Tip us?

S.A.Dude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Please, help with horrible video playback - CM10.2.1

Hi, since CM10.1 I am unable to play any video smoothly even YouTube and those recorded by the cell camera. The image quality is horrible, looks like there is no bilinear filtering applied just a horrible "nearest neighbor" algorithm, and any video player aren't able to play with hardware acceleration since with it enabled or not the performance and image quality is the same. I would post some pics, but I can't because of less than 10 posts rule .

How to troubleshot this? Any idea of a possible cause? Any help/tip will be appreciated

I tried reverting back to CM10.0 Stable to see if the problem still happens there, but for some reason the android keyboard keeps crashing and I can't even type my wifi password or the google credentials to download youtube to test it. The phone is running CM 10.2.1 stock kernel just did a full wipe and clean install too.

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.Dude View Post
Hi, since CM10.1 I am unable to play any video smoothly even YouTube and those recorded by the cell camera. The image quality is horrible, looks like there is no bilinear filtering applied just a horrible "nearest neighbor" algorithm, and any video player aren't able to play with hardware acceleration since with it enabled or not the performance and image quality is the same. I would post some pics, but I can't because of less than 10 posts rule .

How to troubleshot this? Any idea of a possible cause? Any help/tip will be appreciated

I tried reverting back to CM10.0 Stable to see if the problem still happens there, but for some reason the android keyboard keeps crashing and I can't even type my wifi password or the google credentials to download youtube to test it. The phone is running CM 10.2.1 stock kernel just did a full wipe and clean install too.
Can you try some non-CM ROM and verify if this isn't a hardware issue?
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"

S.A.Dude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi View Post
Can you try some non-CM ROM and verify if this isn't a hardware issue?
Thanks, tried the stock rom and it worked there, then I installed CM10.0 to see if it would work again and it is!

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.Dude View Post
Thanks, tried the stock rom and it worked there, then I installed CM10.0 to see if it would work again and it is!
Don't know what went wrong but it's good that it's fixed...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"