5,605,250 Members 39,277 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Returning to Stock

Tip us?

Scofield.
Old
Thanks Meter 67
For me I found the best combo and its CM10 + marmite kernel, no reboots, no lags, everything works fine, I've flashed a lot of roms and now i'm tired flashing roms and updates. Next time I will flash a rom it will be the CM10 M3 + marmite kernel and stay with it till M4.

Was thinking about going back to stock, too, but custom roms has features that makes the life easier, like profiles, skip tracks with volume buttons, move cursor with the volume buttons etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scofield. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mostart
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Returning to Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield. View Post
For me I found the best combo and its CM10 + marmite kernel, no reboots, no lags, everything works fine, I've flashed a lot of roms and now i'm tired flashing roms and updates. Next time I will flash a rom it will be the CM10 M3 + marmite kernel and stay with it till M4.

Was thinking about going back to stock, too, but custom roms has features that makes the life easier, like profiles, skip tracks with volume buttons, move cursor with the volume buttons etc.
I tried cm10 and as i remember it was okay. I used CM10.1 nightlies but i cant remeber why i left it. Now i'm on slimbean 4.2 stable. But it is not so stable. I'm thinking to get stock or better rom. Can you please post link here how can we flash your setup. I'm not clear with kernel flash? I know how to flash rom like cm and others, but dont understand how to choose kernels. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Highway 55
Old
(Last edited by Highway 55; 22nd February 2013 at 10:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Default Re: Returning to Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostart View Post
I tried cm10 and as i remember it was okay. I used CM10.1 nightlies but i cant remeber why i left it. Now i'm on slimbean 4.2 stable. But it is not so stable. I'm thinking to get stock or better rom. Can you please post link here how can we flash your setup. I'm not clear with kernel flash? I know how to flash rom like cm and others, but dont understand how to choose kernels. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2001684

This is a vanilla "stock" ROM. I have been using it for over a month now. It is very stable, good battery life with the right kernel.

ETA: most recent builds (4.2.2_r1) are on page 47.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2