XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting Help?

Tip us?

chavinta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting Help?

Hi, I'm fairly new when it comes to rooting and I couldn't find any particularly helpful threads after searching. I have the I9020A variant on the latest stock JB ROM, and I stumbled upon this thread, except it seems to be for Gingerbread. I was wondering if this would be the correct procedure if I wanted to do something similar on my own phone, since I don't want to lose my data:

Just wanted to make sure that the Superuser zip would work, since the one linked to in the thread is quite outdated. Thanks!

Setting.Out
Old
Thanks Meter 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavinta View Post
Hi, I'm fairly new when it comes to rooting and I couldn't find any particularly helpful threads after searching. I have the I9020A variant on the latest stock JB ROM, and I stumbled upon this thread, except it seems to be for Gingerbread. I was wondering if this would be the correct procedure if I wanted to do something similar on my own phone, since I don't want to lose my data:

Just wanted to make sure that the Superuser zip would work, since the one linked to in the thread is quite outdated. Thanks!
Make a backup of everything... Then use wuggs nexus root toolkit... You cannot root a stock (locked) device and unlocking it will erase everything...

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
i9023 Nexus S

CyanAOSP KitKat (4.4.2) [port]

The War Against Obscurity (ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK)
Follow this link to see how your rom compares!!

Remember to click "thanks" for your developers and anyone that helps you!!

kot2002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
data wiping is necessary