Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] Slimkat 5

OP g33k0 b3lk0w

17th May 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

104 posts
Does anybody know how to enable the transparent navigation and notification bar in Slimkat version 5, can't find the build.prop low ram or an option in the system?
17th May 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Right behind you
Thanks Meter: 33

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k0 b3lk0w

Does anybody know how to enable the transparent navigation and notification bar in Slimkat version 5, can't find the build.prop low ram or an option in the system?

lowram thingy does not work anymore to enable the transparent notification bar . I've seen a flashable zip somewhere before that enables the bar but I don't know if that would work in this ROM.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Free mobile app
18th May 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag Boulogne Billancourt
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm using aosp 4.4.2. I think you should replace your launcher with the new launcher3.apk to have the transparent effect
18th May 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 135

405 posts
More
Quote:

I don't know why this doesn't work or how to enable it,but this is the commit which removed it.
https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/7646/
18th May 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

104 posts
question
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrand

I'm using aosp 4.4.2. I think you should replace your launcher with the new launcher3.apk to have the transparent effect

what's your opinion about aosp 4.4.2, speed and battery life ? and extra options?
18th May 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Asnieres-Sur-Seine
Thanks Meter: 1,429

2,272 posts
More
Quote:

what's your opinion about aosp 4.4.2, speed and battery life ? and extra options?

If I may enter an opinion, pure aosp kitkat is pretty fast and fluid, but not anymore/less battery friendly than any version from jellybean to current... Extra opinions are in my chart, but you can get the same speed with better battery life with other roms..

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Setting.Out For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread