[Q] Slow battery charge via usb [i9020T]

Search This thread

-CMX

Dec 11, 2010
Hello, I just got my Nexus S this morning and as I am from Australia the UK wall charger that came with it is incompatible so I am charging via usb.

I did a forum search and read some threads and found out a full charge takes about 3 hours. My problem is the battery is charging only %1 every 5 minutes. At this rate it will take something like 7 hours to fully charge.

My question is: Is usb charge slower than a wall charge and would it be ok to charge my phone with a Sony Ericsson wall charger because I don't have anything else? I thought it would be alright but I am just checking because I only got the phone today and don't want to break it.

M

MYPaT

Hello, I just got my Nexus S this morning and as I am from Australia the UK wall charger that came with it is incompatible so I am charging via usb.

I did a forum search and read some threads and found out a full charge takes about 3 hours. My problem is the battery is charging only %1 every 5 minutes. At this rate it will take something like 7 hours to fully charge.

My question is: Is usb charge slower than a wall charge and would it be ok to charge my phone with a Sony Ericsson wall charger because I don't have anything else? I thought it would be alright but I am just checking because I only got the phone today and don't want to break it.

You can use any micro usb charger like your old phone or any htc charger etc. No problem. i always charge with any usb charger more than 500 mAH like 1A.

qtwrk

Sep 9, 2011
Barcelona
USB only has output capabiliy is 500 mA or so

charger got 800 mA or 1 A , i don't remember exact number ...

-CMX

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks guys, I thought it would be fine but it was good to be sure.

YourMainDude

Jun 20, 2010
If u want a better wall charger use a HTCs and get a thicker data cable... my phone charges fast .. the Modular AC that comes with samsungs phones suck ass lol .. and the think USB too.. buy a data cable that's thick and Ull be happy =D

Sent From In between Your Moms Boobies

amasunka

Sep 26, 2011
West Coast
I think macbooks have more juice in their USBs so I guess it depends on the computer.
But standard is 500mAh.

Ipad chargers and other tablet chargers are good for fast charging.

Are a couple of sites that sell good chronic ones.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk