SOLVED [Q] HELP I formatted my nexus s sd-card in cwm and now i cant reinstall rom

Search This thread

Alicklee

Jul 9, 2011
vancouver
ok here the problem. I have a nexus s and I did wipe of my phone from cwm.
I wiped everything and even formatted everything.
I even went to the format:sd-card option and did that.:eek:
didnt think of having a rom on the card before I did the wipe. normally it just formats the file but puts storage space and right folders back in:confused::eek:

what is happening now is when i turn on my phone it only comes up with the fastboot bootloader. I can get into cwm but that is about it. when I connect my phone to my computer. to try and access the storage drive. it only shows a blank removable drive(only when I am in cwm) when I am in the boot loader I cant access it. but eiher way i cant access the storage itself.:(:confused:

I have all the right drivers.
I can fastboot, the lastest cwm,( I even try to do a flash with a recovery cwm which was for a 16gb device but it didnt work.
but the only thing I cant do is access the storage itself or install any .zip file to the phone and re-flash my rom!

I have look high and low on google and all over the net and I have not found a solid solution. I have tried just about every thing I can with it:(

does anyone know or have any tips on fixing this.
is there any way for me to reformat my sd-card and put the files i need on it to install my rom again? or did i just turn my phone into paper weight?
as of now my phone is just a paperweight that charges and lights up.

any tips or help would be great.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

dx.varun

Jun 3, 2008
New Delhi
Does your phone has external sd slot?

-----------
Sent from my sexy Flyer tab @ 1.7ghz..
Works like a charm.. Please excuse my brevity.

evcz

May 22, 2010
evcz.tk
get into clockwork recovery -> mounts and storage -> mount usb storage

connect to the pc and past there the rom zip... then flash it :)

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
if only fastboot work you can try to download system.img and boot.img for your phone and install with :
>fastboot flash boot boot.img
>fastboot flash system system.img

Attention (boot.img and system.img must be at the same rom) . Good luck!

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Good look...he can't enter in CWM :
"what is happening now is when i turn on my phone it only comes up with the fastboot bootloader. I can get into cwm but that is about it. when I connect my phone to my computer. to try and access the storage drive. it only shows a blank removable drive(only when I am in cwm) when I am in the boot loader I cant access it. but eiher way i cant access the storage itself."

mos187

Feb 13, 2010
was in ur same situation and solved it by using Odin, very simple procedure just follow the instructions carefully, tool and instruction
can be found in samfirmware.com or just google odin for nexus s..
hope that helpd..
good luck..

Sent from my MB860 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Alicklee

Jul 9, 2011
vancouver

I have tried to mount and it doesnt do anything the drive shows up as a removable and cant access it.

adb it's work or not ? but if fastboot work you can do almost all....
adb and fastboot work. that is how i been getting differert version of cwm on it.

if only fastboot work you can try to download system.img and boot.img for your phone and install with :
>fastboot flash boot boot.img
>fastboot flash system system.img

Attention (boot.img and system.img must be at the same rom) . Good luck!

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Good look...he can't enter in CWM :
"what is happening now is when i turn on my phone it only comes up with the fastboot bootloader. I can get into cwm but that is about it. when I connect my phone to my computer. to try and access the storage drive. it only shows a blank removable drive(only when I am in cwm) when I am in the boot loader I cant access it. but eiher way i cant access the storage itself."

was in ur same situation and solved it by using Odin, very simple procedure just follow the instructions carefully, tool and instruction
can be found in samfirmware.com or just google odin for nexus s..
hope that helpd..
good luck..

Sent from my MB860 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
I will give this a try.

thanks for all the replys i will update when i get home from work tonight

Alicklee

Jul 9, 2011
vancouver
ok got it fix. flashing a different cwm and then using it to mount the usb drive did the trick.
thanks for everyone input.
:):)

Alicklee

Jul 9, 2011
vancouver
For anyone else with the same problem just use adb to sent cwm 5.0.2.3 to the phone and that will fix it

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Reactions: mabry

supreetkunte

May 8, 2011
Ran into the SAME PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!!

Hi,

I did see this post as Resolved . The solution was to to use ADB and install CWM Recovery v5.0.2.3 . I am a NooB when it comes to using ADB commands . Can you please walk me through the same steps you performed . I am facing the exact same issue as you are . So PLEASE HELP !!

Regards
Supreet

Alicklee

Jul 9, 2011
vancouver
I'm not in from of my computer and its been a while but here's a guild http://techie-buzz.com/mobile-news/complete-guide-to-rooting-nexus-s.html

you can use I will try and get the info from my desktop later this evening when I get home.
I, hope that helps for now

Hi,

I did see this post as Resolved . The solution was to to use ADB and install CWM Recovery v5.0.2.3 . I am a NooB when it comes to using ADB commands . Can you please walk me through the same steps you performed . I am facing the exact same issue as you are . So PLEASE HELP !!

Regards
Supreet

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

supreetkunte

May 8, 2011
Thanks for replying ...

Tried to install the USB drivers , ADB /Fastboot tools again after connecting my Nexus S to a computer .But now ran into another issue . Whenever i am in Bootloader i get the following : "Fastboot Mode - NO BOOT OR RECOVERY IMG" .
However i am able to get into CWM .

when i run "ADB devices" command from computer i do not get any list of devices ! If i remove the battery and then put it again i get a device code i.e when i run ADB devices .

I just need something that will show my phone Memory on my PC so that i can dump the ROM there and then flash it .. I guess my phone is gone !!! :(

Regards
Supreet

Alicklee

Jul 9, 2011
vancouver
If you are able to get into cwm can you connect the phone and in cwm mount usb option while connected. You computer should have the drive come up. Let me know if that works

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

supreetkunte

May 8, 2011
For some strange reason not able to Mount my Internal storage . Looking into the problem .. Oh boy !!

Thanks for your Reply Alicklee . Have given my phone to a Android geek lets see if he is able to recover it . I have not slept over 2 nights because of my phone.
No phone matches our Nexus S !!

Regards
Supreet

lastword112

May 25, 2011
Bangalore
I did the same mistake as wiping the internal sd, i think its corrupted so even with any CWM version, already tried out like 4 of them, i cant seem to mount the /system or usb storage.

I cant even fastboot flash system or userdata, any solutions?

mkinnett1

Apr 8, 2012
Guys, I just did this about 2 weeks ago. Use the Odin method to put a new from on there. Then you can totally unroot and put back to stock. Then reroot it if you want. I did this exactly and never had a problem again.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone else with the same problem just use adb to sent cwm 5.0.2.3 to the phone and that will fix it

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk