Trying to update twrp..."trying"

Search This thread

fenrry

Sep 4, 2011
Toronto
I was trying to update this Nexus S, used to be mine but gave it away to someone, now is back and I was trying to update the whole thing, recovery, Os, yet I can't find a proper way to update the recovery and also I have Win8...when I got this phone rooted I had a Win7 machine, life was great, now with Win8 some things seem far from easy.

So I wonder if any kind soul could assist me as to lend me a hand about updating TWRP 2.3 to 2.7 so I can install a fresh rom, i have tried TWRP manager (useless as it can't find the proper device), Flashify is useless also as it can't find the img file and only shows TWRP 2.1 (why the fk do I need 2.1 when I have 2.3 ?), and Rashr is no good (it simple doesn't do anything at all... )

Any help is welcome.

rhyang

May 16, 2013
SJC
I was trying to update this Nexus S, used to be mine but gave it away to someone, now is back and I was trying to update the whole thing, recovery, Os, yet I can't find a proper way to update the recovery and also I have Win8...when I got this phone rooted I had a Win7 machine, life was great, now with Win8 some things seem far from easy.

So I wonder if any kind soul could assist me as to lend me a hand about updating TWRP 2.3 to 2.7 so I can install a fresh rom, i have tried TWRP manager (useless as it can't find the proper device), Flashify is useless also as it can't find the img file and only shows TWRP 2.1 (why the fk do I need 2.1 when I have 2.3 ?), and Rashr is no good (it simple doesn't do anything at all... )

Any help is welcome.

Google "Nexus Root Toolkit". Works great with Windows 8.1.

Reactions: fenrry

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
I found something after a lot of searching and reading around back and forth on different places, thanks, I will keep it in mind anyway cause right now there is not that many sources for info on Nexus S.
I have uploaded TWRP v2.8.0.1 flashable zip. Flash it like any normal ROM in the existing recovery.
Link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55616780&postcount=115

Also, let me if you need help in installing drivers in Windows 8. I too am using Nexus S on Windows 8.1

Reactions: fenrry

fenrry

Sep 4, 2011
Toronto
I have uploaded TWRP v2.8.0.1 flashable zip. Flash it like any normal ROM in the existing recovery.

Also, let me if you need help in installing drivers in Windows 8. I too am using Nexus S on Windows 8.1

Thanks so much fo the Zip, is way easier to just have this done via TWRP/ZIP, than trying to install drivers and so on, it becomes a pain when one thing fails and then u have to start downloading files drivers and more.

Now I'll just start checking roms!

R

Raakib Zargar

Any help is welcome.

Hi There,
The latest Recovery for Nexus S is TWRP v2.8.x. Well u will need to flash the Twrp v2.8.x using fastboot because if you try installing the recovery using the TWRP Manager it will crash. I have a guide on how to root nexus s in the nexus s development section..Go through it . If you have a rooted Nexus S then skip to contect showing how to flash a custom recovery using Fastboot in my guide go through it and Enjoy..

Happy Flashing.
Good Luck ;)

R

Raakib Zargar

Any help is welcome.

Hi there,
i just made a .doc in which i have briefly described how to flash twrp on nexus s just download the file and go through it.

fenrry

Sep 4, 2011
Toronto
Thanks!, I forgot to reply about this, I managed to get things working, I really don't know how it happened but after repeating the steps several times something must have kicked and things finally worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any help is welcome.

Google "Nexus Root Toolkit". Works great with Windows 8.1.
    I found something after a lot of searching and reading around back and forth on different places, thanks, I will keep it in mind anyway cause right now there is not that many sources for info on Nexus S.