Originally Posted by kooske
I'll see if I can fix it and and will repost here if/how I fixed it.
It seems that there is no other solution for this other than a wipe data/factory reset. It's the solution offered in a googleGroups discussion as well. (Can't post links yet, not enough posts...)
Luckily after re-installing ROM and gapps all my apps were restored, and I was able to extract all my pictures and some backups on the sdcard using the mount USB option in CWM. So no big data loss for me.
It's a strange issue though, and should've been solved long ago. First occurrence I found was somewhere in February 2012, that's a year ago!