Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 46,288 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Urgent! Stuck at bootloader but cant do anything

Tip us?

shd128
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Urgent! Stuck at bootloader but cant do anything

Hi u all!
First of all thank you for your time and sorry for my english, I speak spanish.

I have a nexus s i9023. I was using CyanogenMod 11 experimental 24042014.
I was having many problems and decided to downgrade to the stable version 10.1.2
It downloaded ok, installed all the updates, rebooted and then got stuck in the logo screen when booting.
The problem is that my nexus s has a broken the power button, it doesn't work.

As for right now the olny thing I can do is to enter the bootloader screen, but cant move throgh the options with the volume keys, it's like its stuck.

If I plug in the device when in the bootloader (fastboot mode) screen my PC doesn't recognice it, I search in the device manager but it doesn't appear.

If it helps when I plug in the battery the phone starts on in it's on.

Please, any help is appreciated.

Im really sad because I love my nexus.

Thank you!!!

kijp15
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Same here. Any help for us would be great. Thanks.

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by shd128 View Post
Hi u all!
First of all thank you for your time and sorry for my english, I speak spanish.

I have a nexus s i9023. I was using CyanogenMod 11 experimental 24042014.
I was having many problems and decided to downgrade to the stable version 10.1.2
It downloaded ok, installed all the updates, rebooted and then got stuck in the logo screen when booting.
The problem is that my nexus s has a broken the power button, it doesn't work.

As for right now the olny thing I can do is to enter the bootloader screen, but cant move throgh the options with the volume keys, it's like its stuck.

If I plug in the device when in the bootloader (fastboot mode) screen my PC doesn't recognice it, I search in the device manager but it doesn't appear.

If it helps when I plug in the battery the phone starts on in it's on.

Please, any help is appreciated.

Im really sad because I love my nexus.

Thank you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijp15 View Post
Same here. Any help for us would be great. Thanks.
Seems like a driver issue. Can you try installing the drivers in a different system?

If it goes well, then use install cwm touch recovery from fastboot. You can take backup and flash new ROMs after that.

Try Nexus Root Toolkit to install drivers if you don't have access to a different system.
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"

kijp15
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi View Post
Seems like a driver issue. Can you try installing the drivers in a different system?

If it goes well, then use install cwm touch recovery from fastboot. You can take backup and flash new ROMs after that.

Try Nexus Root Toolkit to install drivers if you don't have access to a different system.

Don't I need to have android debugging enabled? If so, I don't think Nexus Root Toolkit will work. I flashed a ROM to my NS4g & I get boot loops. I flashed the wrong Gapps a few months ago. >

I was hoping there would be a way to automatically turn android debugging on. I know it may sound dumb & also probably impossible.

Any other tips.

Tell me I'm screwed. Haha.

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijp15 View Post
Don't I need to have android debugging enabled? If so, I don't think Nexus Root Toolkit will work. I flashed a ROM to my NS4g & I get boot loops. I flashed the wrong Gapps a few months ago. >

I was hoping there would be a way to automatically turn android debugging on. I know it may sound dumb & also probably impossible.

Any other tips.

Tell me I'm screwed. Haha.
I disabled USB debugging. Rebooted to bootloader. Fired up 'fastboot devices' on cmd and could see my phone. This tells me that I do not need USB debugging on fastboot.

If you see an unknown device in Device Manager while in fastboot then use Universal Naked Driver to install the drivers. But since you don't, you'll need another PC to do this stuff. Once drivers are installed, you can do a 'fastboot reboot recovery' to get into recovery and fix the the problems. The first thing I advice is to flash a touch recovery. The rest is up to you.
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"
The Following User Says Thank You to smit.sanghavi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

superng888
Old
(Last edited by superng888; 4th May 2014 at 02:30 PM.) Reason: forgotten to add extra infos
Thanks Meter 62
Flash back the original soju firmware back onto your device by first using "nexus s root toolkit v.1.8.2 by wugfresh". It may take a little of your time downloading the roms and installing the drivers but trust me it should be working and your phone will boot into stock android 4.1.2. You can then root your device and install custom recovery as normal. Anything do pm me ps, click the bricked option one the software is loaded up and remember to connect your device only and remove other phones from your computer