Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [THEME] Words with Friends v4.01 *Dark Mod* 08/17/2011

Tip us?

steindog99
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Works great, except for the inherent 4.00 issues that were fixed in 4.01. Great work!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
--Sent from the phone you wish you had....but on a different carrier!

iwould4adollar
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Wink Looks Great

This looks really good, I made a couple (one black for me and one pink for my wife) with a "few" extra words in the lexicon, but I couldn't get the drawables.xml file to take. Every time I modded it, it would FC when opened. Any chance of letting me know how you got that one to work?

decalex
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,446

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwould4adollar View Post
This looks really good, I made a couple (one black for me and one pink for my wife) with a "few" extra words in the lexicon, but I couldn't get the drawables.xml file to take. Every time I modded it, it would FC when opened. Any chance of letting me know how you got that one to work?
Hm - I haven't had any problems with the drawable.xml specifically -- are you sure it's not the extra words that caused the FC problems? I would imagine it would compare those lexicon xmls with some kind of database to verify.. (but maybe not?)

Which version were u working on? I know from 3.52 to 4.00 (and 4.01) they've added a line at the bottom of the drawables.xml (I think dark_grey). I'd love to see screen caps

Did you by any chance find the location of the board background (that light blue color) in between the bottom of the tiles and the tile rack (zynga logo over it on the right). I can't find it anywhere... guessing it's a smali mod.
Galaxy Note III KitKat 4.4.2 HyperDrive

decalex
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,446

DONATE TO ME
Just finished updating the mod to 4.01

Words With Friends - Dark - NO ADS v4.01

I'll update the OP later today with a screen cap n such.
Watch them update it again tomorrow

iwould4adollar
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by decalex View Post
Hm - I haven't had any problems with the drawable.xml specifically -- are you sure it's not the extra words that caused the FC problems? I would imagine it would compare those lexicon xmls with some kind of database to verify.. (but maybe not?)

Which version were u working on? I know from 3.52 to 4.00 (and 4.01) they've added a line at the bottom of the drawables.xml (I think dark_grey). I'd love to see screen caps

Did you by any chance find the location of the board background (that light blue color) in between the bottom of the tiles and the tile rack (zynga logo over it on the right). I can't find it anywhere... guessing it's a smali mod.
They don't verify the words online only locally, I've played "f*ck" just to test it out. It scrores and shows properly on facebook and android . The light blue bellow the game board I was sure was in the drawables.xml as was the light blue above the board as well......I thought, but I saw you had that one recolored. Any time I decompile it FC's on open, I had to extract it then put the .png's back in the APK. so anything in resources.arsc and classes.dex is off limits for me.

decalex
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,446

DONATE TO ME
Haha that's so awesome. I don't know if you've tried this, but this is how I do it.
Decompile original, make xml and or smali edits, compile, N to system apk, N to replace pngs, then open the unsigned apk in Place here for modding, replace the original pngs with the modded ones (using 7zip), save, close, then sign the zip, then install.
If that's not what you're doing, might be worth a try.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .

iwould4adollar
Old
(Last edited by iwould4adollar; 17th August 2011 at 11:49 PM.) Reason: More Data
Thanks Meter 12
Yeah, that's what I did. Lol I think I'm just gonna steal yours, 'cause at least you got the space above the board.... better than mine . All the dictionary entries are in \res\raw named "words_(letter).txt" I edited them with notepad++ and you can add any words at all. Reinsert like the .png's.

EDIT*
Nope that one doesn't have the top colored any differently, it must be my screen resolution (EVO 3D) so its the same. Ah well watcha gonna do. Thanks for the awesome base to work with.

decalex
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,446

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwould4adollar View Post
Yeah, that's what I did. Lol I think I'm just gonna steal yours, 'cause at least you got the space above the board.... better than mine . All the dictionary entries are in \res\raw named "words_(letter).txt" I edited them with notepad++ and you can add any words at all. Reinsert like the .png's.

EDIT*
Nope that one doesn't have the top colored any differently, it must be my screen resolution (EVO 3D) so its the same. Ah well watcha gonna do. Thanks for the awesome base to work with.
Totally, have at it!

OP updated btw, to 4.01 with caps.

kumakevin
Old
Thanks Meter 9
nice one. excellent job!!

folkland
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Love the mod and the no-ads - thanks!

I haven noticed that the remaining letters text in the lower left ends up being really hard to read. Any change we could get that with better contrast?

Thanks in advance..

Tags
dark, friends, mod, words, wwf