Status Bar Widgets/toggles for stock ICS rom using Widgetsoid

Tip us?

t3ej4y
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Thumbs up Status Bar Widgets/toggles for stock ICS rom using Widgetsoid

Hi,

Seeing as the notification status bar widgets/toggles were popular features in cm7 roms and much sought-after in ICS roms, and wanting to experience ICS in its stock form before trying any custom roms, I went about trying to find a way to get status bar toggles back because they're really convenient for switching things on/off (eg rotation) without having to leave an app. Widgetsoid, an app obtainable from the android market, suits my needs, placing no-frills one-touch toggles in my notification bar, and handily having an option to hide the ongoing notification icon so my status bar remains 'pure'. This way I can get cm-like settings whilst keeping to the more stable (imo) and stock rom. Free version is here and donate version is here.

I'm not affliated with this app or its maker in any way, just thought I'd share something that made my life a little easier/my phone a little better.

Cheers and a late Merry Christmas to all!

From my android to yours.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to t3ej4y For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mythozz
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I agree it is great. I was looking for a transparent control panel widget and couldn't find something decent.

This is really great, it works like a charm.

suksit
Old
(Last edited by suksit; 26th December 2011 at 01:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Wow, it doesn't work on GB (I have to tap the notification to open the popup, then do the actual toggle) If it works on ICS then that's a really good news!

Sent from my Google Nexus S using xda premium

----------------------

EDITED:

Just flashed an ICS ROM and tried it out -- it really works!

Now the only issue is I cannot really "hide" the notification icon. It is transparent but it is there. If there are other notification icons, it will look like there is a "space" in the notification area

AtomicPC
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Oh that's cool, I didn't realize that Widgetsoid would do that. I wished I could make the custom color stick though...

juliano_q
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Very nice, I was using Widgetsoid for months and didnt know that. The colors are a little ugly but it works well in the notification bar.

t3ej4y
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by suksit View Post
Wow, it doesn't work on GB (I have to tap the notification to open the popup, then do the actual toggle) If it works on ICS then that's a really good news!

Sent from my Google Nexus S using xda premium

----------------------

EDITED:

Just flashed an ICS ROM and tried it out -- it really works!

Now the only issue is I cannot really "hide" the notification icon. It is transparent but it is there. If there are other notification icons, it will look like there is a "space" in the notification area
AFAIK in order for the toggles to stay there it has to be an 'ongoing' notification, which means the icon has to stay there, so the next best alternative would be an invisible, transparent icon

t3ej4y
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicPC View Post
Oh that's cool, I didn't realize that Widgetsoid would do that. I wished I could make the custom color stick though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliano_q View Post
Very nice, I was using Widgetsoid for months and didnt know that. The colors are a little ugly but it works well in the notification bar.
The colours were annoying me too, so I emailed the dev, hopefully he's able to get a fix or update of sorts! Setting the toggle indicator to 'dot' makes it less 'in your face' imo.

suksit
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ej4y View Post
AFAIK in order for the toggles to stay there it has to be an 'ongoing' notification, which means the icon has to stay there, so the next best alternative would be an invisible, transparent icon
Yeah I kinda understand that part.

Just wonder if it's possible to make the icon "always in the rightmost position" so it doesn't appear between or in front of other notification icons?

stojshic
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Colors are not that bad with setup like this... Only thing I can't change is backgroud (I would put it to transparent, but there's no such option) everything else is configurable....

Sent from my Nexus S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1324888791253.jpg
Views:	1795
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	829849  

MersauX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the tip. I tried this before on my HTC Hero, but as mentioned in a post above I had to open up a popup first in ordere to enable anything. This is so cool now.

Tags
notification bar toggles, status bar, status bar mods, widgetsoid