This is a modified version of ICS's standard theme to use Gingerbread colours in various places.
Specifically, adjustments have been made to:
- Status bar icons and text
- Notification pull-down title and icons
- Recent Apps list
- Dialogue titles
- Radio buttons
- Toggle buttons
- Text fields
- Selected text
- Translucent menus and volume pop-up
Anything that wasn't mentioned in the above list is probably still blue. Applications that embed their own themes, such as the Browser, Camera, Contacts or Phone, are still blue.
Earlier this month, I finally made the leap from Gingerbread to ICS, and found the blue-on-everything-everywhere aesthetic very difficult to get used to. I like the variation in colour and contrast of the standard Gingerbread theme.
There are other, much more complete makeovers for ICS out there, but I also wanted as much of the standard ICS look and feel as possible; just with a touch of Gingerbread where I felt it was appropriate.
This is the result. I don't know if anyone would want to use this, but I'm throwing it out here so you get to decide for yourself.
There are historical packages for CM9, AOKP, and SlimICS, but the recommended version is the T-Mobile Theme Engine variant. Strangely, the same APK can't be installed on both CM9 and AOKP; atempting to do so results in a crash. I think this has to do with a layout XML file modified by this theme, and the way XML files depend on the compiled framework. Anyway, that being the case, I've built separate versions for each.
T-Mobile Theme Engine
- CM9 version, last updated 2012-07-08 (md5sum: 419ece14816860a4b61823d6424d6113)
- AOKP version, last updated 2012-07-08 (md5sum: 293f255573a6dba829f18fdcb2373ccd)
- Nightly 2012-05-09 (md5sum: dbb0e4c732efe3e4234432a059e51dc2)
Nightly 2012-05-08 (md5sum: 8e16a9035559ea196a5751a2e57bef59)
- Nightly 2012-05-07 (md5sum: 385703d55c0789231ce3529298830dff)
- Nightly 2012-04-29 (md5sum: f89a96a76d6c8ae400b6121c948a3edc)
- Nightly 2012-04-27 (md5sum: 155f7a551116984b5efa710a13e87e53)
- Build 35 (md5sum: 9d1462e615c3d1c75a6515c3717a4505)
- Milestone 5 (md5sum: f08c06e39d99d54a9ade0d13a371a261)
- Build 34 (md5sum: fcf17e719c60fbb2fecb74908416ddca)
- Build 33 (md5sum: 6d7836434cc085b28f4fda6503417a85)
- 3.6 (md5sum: 246d447465ab798f079ac9b6854f4a58)
- 3.5 (md5sum: 104803c587eca98c94cb05a0f9305131)
- 3.4 (md5sum: fe1b192f7f6027fcc61ec1eefb7c3e7e)
Want to make changes to this theme, port it to another ROM, or see exactly what was modified? You are invited to see the details at github:
A number of scripts I use to simplify the theme extraction and build process are also available:
- Notification power widget indicators are blue. It doesn't look like I'll be able to change this without editing source code. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
- Alternate power widget toggles are blue again. The image from before is no longer used.
- Clock font is blue. Nothing I can do about this; SlimICS sets clock font colour the same way as AOKP, but doesn't include the control panel for it.