FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[FIX] Blank Screen On Boot (format sys_boot)

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
BLACK SCREEN ON BOOT ISSUE FIX

First of all Big thanks to my dear friend Ano11 for the bootloader image

If you format /sys_boot by mistake from CWM recovery and you end up with Black screen no NOKIA and only Vibrating and cant fix it on NOKIA Care Suite or NOKIA Flasher this is how to fix it.

Human Beings Issue Details:
by formatting /sys_boot you have deleted the program that will connect your phone to NOKIA Care Suite so it will no longer recognize your phone neither any NOKIA Flasher and now this is how bring it back to let the NOKIA Care recognize it again.

Alians Tech Details about issue:
formatting /sys_boot removes the bootloader which has fastboot, the device will no longer be a phone it'll be just a flash memory with alot of partitions accessible from any linux device. and since the /sys_boot is located on /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 we just need to restore a bootloader image there and it will restore fastboot that will fix everything then with NOKIA Care or NOKIA Flasher etc. "WE HAVE ADB WORKING DO ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!!!!"

Now to how to fix it!!!

Requirements:
1- Ubuntu Live CD (Dont use any other variation or another Linux because i ONLY Tested it on Ubuntu)
2- Download Attachment File.
3- A Good USB cable( i strongly recommend the original cable to avoid problems)

Steps to FIX:
1- Boot up in a Working Ubuntu (or Ubuntu Live CD)
2- Download and extract the attachment in Home Folder
3- Open up Ubuntu Menu and look up (Disks)
4- Remove your NOKIA X Battery and Unplug it from any USB or charger, re-insert battery, then hold Power button untill phone Vibrates then release power button. after you do all that plug it in USB to your computer
** if you have done those steps perfectly you should see a new device in (Disks) application will say(something-qualcomm-something) depends on the type of your phone. you will see a table on the right when you click it that has 3 partitions and then many other partitions grouped up don't touch these at all**
5- click on the third partition from left it should be in size of 52MB.
6- right click it and choose (Restore Disk from an Image).
7- Browse to your Home folder then in (NOKIA X RM980 BOOTLOADER) and choose mmcblk0p3.img
8- it will ask you if you are sure click Restore.
9-Wait for it to finish. when it does close Disks then unplug phone, remove battery, re-insert it, power up your phone.

BANG NOKIA APPEARS!!! The phone is back to life!!! no cloning needed and no NOKIA Care Center Needed. you can now use NOKIA Flasher and NOKIA Care Suite to restore your phone to factory firmware or use XDA Furoms to install CWM back and your favorite Custom ROM
Attached Files
File Type: zip NOKIA X RM980 BOOTLOADER.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.23 MB, 512 views)
Last edited by xWaLeEdOoOx; 16th June 2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: FOUND A FIX
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xWaLeEdOoOx For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th June 2015, 01:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWaLeEdOoOx

Hello guys!

since we all do mistakes, i alongside alot of people have formatted /sys_boot partition on our dear RM-980.
that partition is actually the bootloader and without it the phone bricks.
the signs of that brick is black and no screen lights but a vibration that indecates "PLEASE HELP ME!!"
connecting it to windows will cause seeing a drive that windows can't detect and it will ask to format it which is the worst IDEA EVER!! and fastboot will never detect the phone.
if plugged in to Linux you'll get full control over all phone partitions including internal SD, system, boot, bootloader etc.
its easy to flash images from linux side using gparted or "disks in ubuntu which i use" but also fastboot can't be used.

all we need is an mmcblk0p3 dump to save all dead NOKIA X lives!!

it can be easily done on ADB on any computer if you are willing to help follow the following easy steps:

start up your nokia x RM-980, enable debugging, connect to USB and find an ADB then give it next comand:

Code:
adb shell
you should be in your phone shell. then:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p3.img
that will backup your bootloader as mmcblk0p3.img in root of your sdcard

now compress that in a zip and donate it here with your phone CODE (you can find it in the back of your phone)
I will collect the bootloaders for all the CODEs you people will send.
i don't think there will be much diffrence between them but.. we need to archive that since Microsoft is banning everything NOKIA X related out there!!
Thank you very much in advance

How to flash mmcblk0p3.img on linux pro? Thanks.
6th June 2015, 08:04 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Riyadh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyentuyen

How to flash mmcblk0p3.img on linux pro? Thanks.

i will make it easy for you but first i need to test it. so if you have a working bootloader for RM-980 please follow my steps and upload the image on google drive, mega or mediafire and share it with us. i need to test my theory before putting people in danger.
6th June 2015, 11:34 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

i will make it easy for you but first i need to test it. so if you have a working bootloader for RM-980 please follow my steps and upload the image on google drive, mega or mediafire and share it with us. i need to test my theory before putting people in danger.

I use nokia X+ rm-1053,if you need i will upload it for you. Thanks
8th June 2015, 08:09 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Riyadh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyentuyen

I use nokia X+ rm-1053,if you need i will upload it for you. Thanks

i'm still not sure about NOKIA X+ for where the bootloader is located in the mmc but thank you
16th June 2015, 09:31 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

I will collect the bootloaders for all the CODEs you people will send.
i don't think there will be much diffrence between them but.. we need to archive that since Microsoft is banning everything NOKIA X related out there!!
Thank you very much in advance

I uploaded my boot partition in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2784522&page=2
The Following User Says Thank You to Ano11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2015, 06:22 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Riyadh

More
GUYS ITS NOW FIXED and i've updated the TOPIC for the instructions!!! GOOD LUCK
17th June 2015, 09:37 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
my nokia x is no vibrate no boot no logo no blank screen no charging now is it porsib
Quote:

BLACK SCREEN ON BOOT ISSUE FIX

First of all Big thanks to my dear friend Ano11 for the bootloader image

If you format /sys_boot by mistake from CWM recovery and you end up with Black screen no NOKIA and only Vibrating and cant fix it on NOKIA Care Suite or NOKIA Flasher this is how to fix it.

Human Beings Issue Details:
by formatting /sys_boot you have deleted the program that will connect your phone to NOKIA Care Suite so it will no longer recognize your phone neither any NOKIA Flasher and now this is how bring it back to let the NOKIA Care recognize it again.

Alians Tech Details about issue:
formatting /sys_boot removes the bootloader which has fastboot, the device will no longer be a phone it'll be just a flash memory with alot of partitions accessible from any linux device. and since the /sys_boot is located on /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 we just need to restore a bootloader image there and it will restore fastboot that will fix everything then with NOKIA Care or NOKIA Flasher etc. "WE HAVE ADB WORKING DO ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!!!!"

Now to how to fix it!!!

Requirements:
1- Ubuntu Live CD (Dont use any other variation or another Linux because i ONLY Tested it on Ubuntu)
2- Download Attachment File.
3- A Good USB cable( i strongly recommend the original cable to avoid problems)

Steps to FIX:
1- Boot up in a Working Ubuntu (or Ubuntu Live CD)
2- Download and extract the attachment in Home Folder
3- Open up Ubuntu Menu and look up (Disks)
4- Remove your NOKIA X Battery and Unplug it from any USB or charger, re-insert battery, then hold Power button untill phone Vibrates then release power button. after you do all that plug it in USB to your computer
** if you have done those steps perfectly you should see a new device in (Disks) application will say(something-qualcomm-something) depends on the type of your phone. you will see a table on the right when you click it that has 3 partitions and then many other partitions grouped up don't touch these at all**
5- click on the third partition from left it should be in size of 52MB.
6- right click it and choose (Restore Disk from an Image).
7- Browse to your Home folder then in (NOKIA X RM980 BOOTLOADER) and choose mmcblk0p3.img
8- it will ask you if you are sure click Restore.
9-Wait for it to finish. when it does close Disks then unplug phone, remove battery, re-insert it, power up your phone.

BANG NOKIA APPEARS!!! The phone is back to life!!! no cloning needed and no NOKIA Care Center Needed. you can now use NOKIA Flasher and NOKIA Care Suite to restore your phone to factory firmware or use XDA Furoms to install CWM back and your favorite Custom ROM

my noka x rm980 059W119 v2 no power on no vibrate no boot no blank screen not detecting in pc now is it porsibal to repair
17th June 2015, 03:24 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Riyadh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javidalana

my noka x rm980 059W119 v2 no power on no vibrate no boot no blank screen not detecting in pc now is it porsibal to repair

what did you do 1st of all?? and you need to charge your phone, keep it in charger "not pc" over night and then check if it vibrates
18th June 2015, 12:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please give any video of whole process because i dont see that opetion you told right click on that partion and you will see restore data from disk...

please help me to live my nxl......
Last edited by Kunal111; 18th June 2015 at 12:55 PM.
19th June 2015, 07:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal111

Please give any video of whole process because i dont see that opetion you told right click on that partion and you will see restore data from disk...

please help me to live my nxl......

In case you do not see any partitions, In that case you have not only formatted ("emptied") this partition but removed all partitions, I assume. So you have to make a new partition (or even all partitions) prior to restoring the mmcblk0p3.img disk image. I have no experience with doing this on a phone (don't know how critical the location and order of partitions is), but I guess a partition listing of a working Nokia X will help you further. Later today when I am at home I hope I can post the partition listing for you.
Last edited by Ano11; 19th June 2015 at 09:03 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, nokia x, not booting, sys_boot
Previous Thread Next Thread