Nokia XL 4G Backup and Root again

Search This thread

DainoManthis

May 13, 2013
Hello!

I have a Nokia XL 4G with root, but it's 1.1.4 Stock Rom Version.
I'd like to update it at latest version, as I can check online, for this phone there is Nokia X Platform 1.2.5.. but actually I can't update my actual rom, so I thoght to proceed this way:

-Backup actual rom, so in case I find problems after the update, I can get back to root version.
-Flash newer OS version.
-Proceed with root of new version.

But actually I find problems with backup: neither cwm either twrp found on xda's tutorials seem to work on my phone.. I think it's probably because my phone is different.
So for first I want to know if there is some way to do the whole actual rom backup without a recovery mode..

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Hello!

I have a Nokia XL 4G with root, but it's 1.1.4 Stock Rom Version.
I'd like to update it at latest version, as I can check online, for this phone there is Nokia X Platform 1.2.5.. but actually I can't update my actual rom, so I thoght to proceed this way:

-Backup actual rom, so in case I find problems after the update, I can get back to root version.
-Flash newer OS version.
-Proceed with root of new version.

But actually I find problems with backup: neither cwm either twrp found on xda's tutorials seem to work on my phone.. I think it's probably because my phone is different.
So for first I want to know if there is some way to do the whole actual rom backup without a recovery mode..

If you want an update, try Nokia X Flasher and download the latest firmware for your device....:good::good:

DainoManthis

May 13, 2013
Veez21: Nokia X Flasher doesn't work.. I tryed Nokia X Manager too, it gives me some error like "length can't be less than zero"...

thinhx2: the site you send me is not comprensible, I don't need the rom, I need a way to backup my actual rom that is yet rooted, so if I find troubles after update I can get back to a rooted rom.

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Veez21: Nokia X Flasher doesn't work.. I tryed Nokia X Manager too, it gives me some error like "length can't be less than zero"...

thinhx2: the site you send me is not comprensible, I don't need the rom, I need a way to backup my actual rom that is yet rooted, so if I find troubles after update I can get back to a rooted rom.
Explain why custom recoveries can't help you

Sent by a Cool Guy using XDA-Developers mobile app

DainoManthis

May 13, 2013
I didn't say Custom Recoveries can't help me, sorry.. I said that when I tried to install both ClockworkMod and TWRP but they can't be installed on my phone!
I followed the step to install those, it acts like they are installed but when I try to start the phone in recovery mode it locks on the Nokia logo screen and never get in recovery.

Is it possible that those don't work because my phone is Nokia XL 4G (it has 4cores cpu and 1gb ram) and so it's different by other normal Nokia X/XL?

What can I do to install recoveries? Or is there any other way to backup the whole phone without them?

BluRaf

Jan 23, 2016
Poland
None of existing Nokia X/XL tools will work with XL 4G model, because it's totally different hardware (even used Qualcomm SoC is different); without recovery with available root shell it's rather impossible to make proper backup of system partitions.

Wish somebody outside China have access to XL 4G, maybe somebody would be able to port TWRP/CWM.

thinhx2

Jan 24, 2015
Quảng Ninh
None of existing Nokia X/XL tools will work with XL 4G model, because it's totally different hardware (even used Qualcomm SoC is different); without recovery with available root shell it's rather impossible to make proper backup of system partitions.

Wish somebody outside China have access to XL 4G, maybe somebody would be able to port TWRP/CWM.
Can port rom but dont update version of android