Post Reply

[Q] Upgrade to 1.2.4.3 consistently fails

OP richardyates

28th August 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Birmingham UK
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2003
My X isn't rooted and is currently running 1.1.2.2

I want to install the 1.2.4.3 update. It downloads apparently without difficulty, then says the download is verified

It reboots and starts the installation, which consistently fails about a third through

I have tried taking the SD card out, updating with and without a live sim in it, and a complete hard reset - makes no difference at all

Be glad of some help - not a complete beginner, but not too technical either - I am good a following instructions though
28th August 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 452
 
845 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardyates

My X isn't rooted and is currently running 1.1.2.2

I want to install the 1.2.4.3 update. It downloads apparently without difficulty, then says the download is verified

It reboots and starts the installation, which consistently fails about a third through

I have tried taking the SD card out, updating with and without a live sim in it, and a complete hard reset - makes no difference at all

Be glad of some help - not a complete beginner, but not too technical either - I am good a following instructions though

The software for Nokia X is v1.2.4.1.
28th August 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Birmingham UK
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom3616

The software for Nokia X is v1.2.4.1.

Well what is being downloaded describes itself as 1.2.4.3

Have now tried to install from Sd card using recovery. That tells me a bit more. When it fails it says:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ('/preload/appFacebook.apk)

followed by several lines of hexadecimal

Wouldn't mind but I don't use Facebook and would probably uninstall it anyway. After the hard reset I updated all the apps and one was Facebook. I noticed before I updated that Facebook was shown as a cogwheel on the launcher not its logo (I guess it said "com.facebook.apk" but can't be sure

Does that get me any further?

Anyone care to point me to where I can download 1.2.4.1 if not?
28th August 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 452
 
845 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardyates

Well what is being downloaded describes itself as 1.2.4.3

Have now tried to install from Sd card using recovery. That tells me a bit more. When it fails it says:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ('/preload/appFacebook.apk)

followed by several lines of hexadecimal

Wouldn't mind but I don't use Facebook and would probably uninstall it anyway. After the hard reset I updated all the apps and one was Facebook. I noticed before I updated that Facebook was shown as a cogwheel on the launcher not its logo (I guess it said "com.facebook.apk" but can't be sure

Does that get me any further?

Anyone care to point me to where I can download 1.2.4.1 if not?

Why dont you just flash the latest one through Nokia Care Suite?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dom3616 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Birmingham UK
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom3616

Why dont you just flash the latest one through Nokia Care Suite?

Funny how the obvious answer is usually best! Thanks, now running 1.2.4.3, so can confirm version too
29th August 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #6  
spacenerf's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
1.2.4.1 here but I expect 1.2.4.3 is the same thing curiously (as is 1.2.4.21 apparently). Don't know what's with the different versions (different locales maybe?).
29th August 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 452
 
845 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacenerf

1.2.4.1 here but I expect 1.2.4.3 is the same thing curiously (as is 1.2.4.21 apparently). Don't know what's with the different versions (different locales maybe?).

Maybe.
8th September 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Smile how to root nokia x v 1.2.4.3
how can i root my nokia x v 1.2.4.3
i try it using nokia x toolkit but it does not work bcz of on usb drivers for v 1.2.4.3
..
\..
.
/
please help me
8th September 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #9  
spacenerf's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J@YESH

how can i root my nokia x v 1.2.4.3
i try it using nokia x toolkit but it does not work bcz of on usb drivers for v 1.2.4.3

Try with updated USB driver here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/noki...2-4-1-t2835827

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in X Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank