Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Software update 2.1.0.11

Tip us?

Mommai
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Software update 2.1.0.11

My Nokia X2 pick up a software update of 219MB and it is being downloaded now. The existing version is 2.0.2.0.0.11. The new version is 2.1.0.11. Does anyone has idea about this new update? Or is it an already released version that my phone picks it up late?

Share your experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mommai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shafiaszad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Yah, you are right.

Great news!

Today we have started rolling out a new software update for the Nokia X2 Dual SIM (RM-1013) owners. This is a major/global release, bringing the phone software version to Nokia X Software Platform 2.1 (2.1.0.11), and will be available via OTA (Over-The-Air).

Key features of the update include:

Capture fast-moving objects with the new Smart Mode, and create unique photos by using the Action shot, Best shot, or Motion blur options.
Make your phone more personal than ever with live wallpapers and new lock screen widgets.
Keep your life synced with OneDrive and OneNote. Get up to 15 GB of personal storage space on OneDrive, and sync up to 500 notes to OneNote.
Access your favorite Google services. You can now sync your Google contacts, and access your Gmail inbox.
Find your way anywhere with HERE Maps - get turn-by-turn voice guidance with a free global navigation license. Requires additional HERE Maps update from Store.
Updated Store - new design to help you find content more easily, and better integration with 3rd-party stores.
Added local calendar support, call reject with a message, parental controls for Store, landscape support for mail and messaging, and auto-configuration of mail accounts.
By default your phone is set to automatically check for updates every 8 days and you will be notified when an update is available for download. You can also instantly check for updates by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates and tapping Check Now.

The update package is 200+ MB, so for the best update experience we recommend that you use a Wi-Fi connection to download the update. Find the further update instructions from

discussions. nokia. com/t5/Software-Updates/New-software-update-for-Nokia-X2-Dual-SIM-Nokia-X-Software/m-p/2907751#M150974

fadi1234
Old
Thanks Meter 1
First experience, After the update Don't try to to root and install google play otherwise your phone will brick.. I have flashed ROM again using Nokia Case Suite on my Nokia X2, and finally my mobile is back.
The Following User Says Thank You to fadi1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Seyesworld
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Nokia x2 stock on boot

Pls I need help with my nokia x2 device, I successfully root my device thank to your post, after that I updated it to v2.1.0.11 after downloading I restart my device and it's stock on the boot screen. I tried to use nokia care suite to flash my phone but it didn't recognise the phone mode, I installed MTP drive and still my system couldn't install my device drive on the system. Pls help me out anybody. Thanks you.

talha_qasim_paracha
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default can you help me with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadi1234 View Post
First experience, After the update Don't try to to root and install google play otherwise your phone will brick.. I have flashed ROM again using Nokia Case Suite on my Nokia X2, and finally my mobile is back.
i have update my phone and then i have tried to install play store using this application " allnokia.ru/soft/moreinfo-115.htm " and now my is bricked can you explain the steps, how did you got your phone working again.

Mostafa8599
Old
(Last edited by Mostafa8599; 8th September 2014 at 05:55 PM.) Reason: mispellin
Thanks Meter 3
I can help u! But it's 2o many steps n I don't really wanna write them. U can add me on facebook then it will be more easy 4 me 2 fix ur X2
facebook.com/mostafa.abdelnaser

zxcvans
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default rooted v2.1.0.11

yeah u read that right my phone got bricked after i install the google play (Nokia Care suite is Your Friend with flashing rom) after i finally solved that annoying flashing NOKIA but it wont open at all, i tried to root the 2.1.0.11 with nokia x tools 1.1 and it worked, but ididnt try to install google play again until somebody here in xda dev forum will post how to install it harm free.