Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nook Color & Cyanogenmod 11

Tip us?

cgamer76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nook Color & Cyanogenmod 11

I'm running 10.2.1-encore and gapps 20130813. I'm trying to use the auto updater to update to version 11 however when I do it says theres no gapp installer. I'm installing (rather trying to)to a 2gb sd card in my nook. I have no clue how to update to version 11. I've looked on here, and one guide in particular seemed helpful. It actually helped me install the current version I'm using but the auto-updater won't install 11. Apparently I'm to dumb to figure this out, could someone help me get 11 on my nook color and the new google apps version?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,624

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgamer76 View Post
I'm running 10.2.1-encore and gapps 20130813. I'm trying to use the auto updater to update to version 11 however when I do it says theres no gapp installer. I'm installing (rather trying to)to a 2gb sd card in my nook. I have no clue how to update to version 11. I've looked on here, and one guide in particular seemed helpful. It actually helped me install the current version I'm using but the auto-updater won't install 11. Apparently I'm to dumb to figure this out, could someone help me get 11 on my nook color and the new google apps version?
You cannot autoupdate to CM11. CM11 requires entirely different CWM, rom and gapps.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here

cgamer76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yea I kinda figured I couldnt use the auto update but how can I can about removing 10 from my sdcard and updating it to 11?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,624

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgamer76 View Post
Yea I kinda figured I couldnt use the auto update but how can I can about removing 10 from my sdcard and updating it to 11?
Start over by putting the newest image (rev8c) on an SD. It is required by CM11. But that image also requires at least a 4GB SD. If you want to save your apps and settings, use Titanium Backup.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here