Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

32 GB nook HD+ only recognizes 16 gb

OP lexdad86

31st August 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

130 posts
Hey everyone,

I try not to post much and figure out stuff on my own by reading through the threads but I'm having trouble fixing a Nook HD+ 32 GB that I bought last winter for my son and I rooted it and was running cm10 fine. Upgraded to CM11 and I lost 16 GB of storage somehow so then I've tried flashing the stock ROM and still having the same issue. Is there a way that maybe the partition tables got messed up? And is there a way to reset completely back to stock and reset the partitions?

Thanks all!
31st August 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,701

8,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdad86

Hey everyone,

I try not to post much and figure out stuff on my own by reading through the threads but I'm having trouble fixing a Nook HD+ 32 GB that I bought last winter for my son and I rooted it and was running cm10 fine. Upgraded to CM11 and I lost 16 GB of storage somehow so then I've tried flashing the stock ROM and still having the same issue. Is there a way that maybe the partition tables got messed up? And is there a way to reset completely back to stock and reset the partitions?

Thanks all!

You may have lost some of the storage with old media files that are hidden. Try booting to CWM and going to mounts and storage and format 'data and datamedia'. That clears out all of data including new and old media files.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
22nd October 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
Hey thank you for your suggestion, had some personal stuff going on and just now had a chance to try your recommendation about formatting the data and datamedia in CWM and flashed the newest CM11 ovation build (10/20/14) and am only showing 12.67 gb of total space. Any other ideas about what could be causing the space/storage not to appear?

Thank you again for everyone's help.
22nd October 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,701

8,426 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdad86

Hey thank you for your suggestion, had some personal stuff going on and just now had a chance to try your recommendation about formatting the data and datamedia in CWM and flashed the newest CM11 ovation build (10/20/14) and am only showing 12.67 gb of total space. Any other ideas about what could be causing the space/storage not to appear?

Thank you again for everyone's help.

Are you sure it is a 32GB model? Do you still have the box that says what it is? Do you have an SD inserted? Could you be looking at the SD instead of internal memory?

Use your root file manager to look at /data to see how large it is.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

23 posts
Start an adb shell or a terminal app, then enter this command:
Code:
cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name
Or just use a good file manager to take a look at the contents of that file. It'll tell you the name of the flash chip, which can be used to find out if it's really 32 GB.

Some examples:
SEM16G and MAG2GA are 16 GB.
SEM32G and MBG4GA are 32 GB.
Last edited by Tzul; 22nd October 2014 at 02:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th October 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
Thank you everyone for your help, after doing some further digging discovered that it is a 16 GB Nook HD+ and not the 32 GB that I paid for so I gotta take up the issue with the site I bought it from but just wanted to say thank you again for your advice and suggestions!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread