[HOW-TO] Updating HD/HD+ Internal EMMC to CM11 from CM10.x
[Caveat emptor: adopt/follow this guide at your own risk
Below is the process that can be used to update your HD/HD+ EMMC from CM10.x to CM11.
- Download the following files to a location in your user content-media storage space on the Nook:
- the flashable CWM recovery zip file provided by Verygreen in the first post of his XDA CM11 thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600572 -- i.e., "ovation recovery image (CWM)" for HD+, "hummingbird recovery image (CWM)" for HD.
- the zip file of CM11 ROM build of choice for your device from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/ (see http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cm-1...-release-items for considerations in choosing nightlies vs. snapshot/stable builds)
- the zip file of the Gapps package corresponding to CM11 – e.g., from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
- Boot into your current EMMC recovery
- Select install zip and install flashable CWM recovery zip file (obtained in step 1(a)).
- Select reboot to boot into the new EMMC recovery (flashed in the preceding step).
- Select Wipe data & factory reset.
- Select install zip and install CM11 zip file.
- Select install zip and install Gapps zip file.
- Reboot into the new CM11.
Once the Nook boots up, set up the wifi connectivity and your google account info. If you had previously enabled Google backup service on your CM10.x your Google Playstore apps will be auto-downloaded (but their settings will not be auto-restored).
HOW-TO Guides for Installing CyanogenMod on Nook HD+
Installing CM11 Internally on Nook HD+
Building a CM11 SD card with Customized Partition Sizing for HD+
Updating HD/HD+ Internal EMMC to CM11 from CM10.x