Talking Want to go back to stock

OP pvaldeben

4th September 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag E. Rockaway
Thanks Meter: 47

267 posts
More
HI everyone, I'm tired of slow response and want to go back to stock on y Nook HD Plus. The CWM backup is saying check sum mismatch so no go there (CWM has really become undependable in the last year). Is there a flashable rom I can use to get back to stock?

Or does anyone know of a very stable responsive rom.

Ex: I click an app and it takes about 8 seconds to open. When I search in play store keystrokes are slow as a turtle.

Any help greatly appreciated And link to such flashible zip would br great.

Thanks in advance.
4th September 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,695

8,419 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvaldeben

HI everyone, I'm tired of slow response and want to go back to stock on y Nook HD Plus. The CWM backup is saying check sum mismatch so no go there (CWM has really become undependable in the last year). Is there a flashable rom I can use to get back to stock?

Or does anyone know of a very stable responsive rom.

Ex: I click an app and it takes about 8 seconds to open. When I search in play store keystrokes are slow as a turtle.

Any help greatly appreciated And link to such flashible zip would br great.

Thanks in advance.

Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and download the plain stock zip from item 6. You will need to use a CWM older than 6045. You can get one from that same thread. Use the CWM to do a factory reset following the flash of the ROM.

Your sluggishness is probably due to lag. Flashing the stock ROM will not fix that. Instead of just a factory reset, you might try going to mounts and storage in CWM and formatting 'data and datamedia' to try to clear the lag.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag E. Rockaway
Thanks Meter: 47

267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and download the plain stock zip from item 6. You will need to use a CWM older than 6045. You can get one from that same thread. Use the CWM to do a factory reset following the flash of the ROM.

Your sluggishness is probably due to lag. Flashing the stock ROM will not fix that. Instead of just a factory reset, you might try going to mounts and storage in CWM and formatting 'data and datamedia' to try to clear the lag.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks a lot I installed thr unrooted and updates to latest nook version. Its very responsive and when I does take a moment to do somthing its actually lets know know its working on it. Not like the other roms I tried that when you click on somthing you dont know if its taking long or the click did not work.

either way cheers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread