Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,275 Members 42,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

32 GB nook HD+ only recognizes 16 gb

Tip us?

lexdad86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default 32 GB nook HD+ only recognizes 16 gb

Hey everyone,

I try not to post much and figure out stuff on my own by reading through the threads but I'm having trouble fixing a Nook HD+ 32 GB that I bought last winter for my son and I rooted it and was running cm10 fine. Upgraded to CM11 and I lost 16 GB of storage somehow so then I've tried flashing the stock ROM and still having the same issue. Is there a way that maybe the partition tables got messed up? And is there a way to reset completely back to stock and reset the partitions?

Thanks all!

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,624

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdad86 View Post
Hey everyone,

I try not to post much and figure out stuff on my own by reading through the threads but I'm having trouble fixing a Nook HD+ 32 GB that I bought last winter for my son and I rooted it and was running cm10 fine. Upgraded to CM11 and I lost 16 GB of storage somehow so then I've tried flashing the stock ROM and still having the same issue. Is there a way that maybe the partition tables got messed up? And is there a way to reset completely back to stock and reset the partitions?

Thanks all!
You may have lost some of the storage with old media files that are hidden. Try booting to CWM and going to mounts and storage and format 'data and datamedia'. That clears out all of data including new and old media files.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here