Using ADB to Restore Pre-Brick BackUp to NO-emmc Install

Search This thread

babydouggie

Feb 18, 2014
Hello, a couple of days ago I posted a request for help in the Nook HD+ troubleshooting area about a Nook HD+ that had been "bricked" by the lagfix app. I stated that I had used it in the past on the same HD+ with no ill effects having checked the chip to see if it suffered from the brick-bug (It said I had the "good" version of the chip). I used the lagfix app a few days ago and it bricked my Nook. Found a post by verygreen stating:
===============================================================

"Anyway, cm-10.1 install that will work on a device with emmc "dead":
First you need to get a special cwm image: sdcard-cwm-early-noemmc-2.img.gz
gunzip the image and burn it to the target sdcard

then get the special cm image:
cm-10.1-20130819-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-noemmc.zip
adb push it to /sdcard/ and then install.
Also push and install whatever else you need."

================================================================

I did this but had problems getting ADB to work. I posted a detailed summary of my problem and requested some help. I got no responses but luckily I figured out the problem with ADB on my own, followed the instructions above and successfully installed the "cm-10.1-20130819-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-noemmc.zip"

I am hesitant about posting this request in the troubleshooting area since I got no response and am hoping for a better outcome here.

My question(s) are: 1. I cannot boot into recovery... Is this normal for this image?

2. Is it possible to restore my pre-brick back-up to this setup? (It is on another external sd card)

3. Would it be possible to use adb to push the above stated back-up and install it ( by starting verygreen's process all over again) as in the second step above... quoting: "Also push and install whatever else you need."

Thank you very much!!!