No registration required

Black screen but touch screen works?

OP Jack.Swindle

6th August 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
Hello, sorry if this has been answered, i did a search for black screen and didn't find the same thing.

Basically my nook hd+ is about 2 months out of warranty. When i try to power it on, i can see the screen light up but nothing is displayed (its all black and dims slightly). When i was messing with it trying to reset it, it started to read aloud the applications i touched on or button i pressed. So the touch screen is still working even though it's not displaying anything. I tried to hard reset it, by holding down the buttons and pressing the n twice, but that didn't seem to work either. Anyone got ideas?
9th August 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 78

308 posts
Don't know what that is -> "holding down the buttons and pressing the n twice".

But if I had this problem I would...

Hold down the power button for >10 seconds as this completely turns off the device, then attempt to turn it back on.

And if that failed to work... let it sit and run out of battery, then plug it in to the wall usb adapter, let it charge for an hour, then try powering it on with the power button.

And if that failed to work, since its outta warranty, buy something that works.

But that's only what I would do
Last edited by sandsofmyst; 9th August 2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: turn back on clarification as leaving the device off won't make it work :-O
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread