Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HD+ battery drained 40% overnight

Tip us?

lmacmil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default HD+ battery drained 40% overnight

My wife's Nook running 10.2.1 went from about 55% to 14% charge overnight last night. It was in sleep mode and WiFi was off. Normally it would lose 2-3% in that length of time. Usage was mostly Google Play services and Android OS. What would Play Services be doing while the tablet was asleep?

Sent from my BN Nook HD using XDA Free mobile app

Anniraff
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Play Auto updating? Just a thought. Most of the time I've found excessive battery drain attributable to some app's hidden agenda.

lmacmil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniraff View Post
Play Auto updating?
WiFi is off (supposedly) when it's sleeping so that shouldn't be happening. Even so, I wouldn't expect apps auto-updating to take the battery down 40%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

sandsofmyst
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
WiFi is off (supposedly) when it's sleeping so that shouldn't be happening. Even so, I wouldn't expect apps auto-updating to take the battery down 40%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Possibly an app goin crazy during a wakelock, which allows an app to do stuff while the phone is asleep.http://manojprasaddevelopers.blogspo...-wakelock.html

There are sleep related bugs sometimes as well in the roms, but since its been out a long time now, probably isn't that.

Not sure what else.
HTC sensation 4G | cm11 albinoman ROM - 3/2/14 Workaround for incoming phone calls going to missed (including the swipe issue) with all cm based roms -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=884 (Longest recorded uptime: 1,060 hours)
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official ROM (Longest recorded uptime: 331 hours with much daily use)
....Nook HD+ 16 | (Returned due to random reboots; defective tablet)