Help! Stuck in recovery bootloop on HD+

OP riceknight

25th July 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

165 posts
My Nook HD+ keeps rebooting to my EMMC recovery (currently CWM 6.0.4.6) no matter what I try. It all started with a botched CM11 install from a while back. Since then I've tried installing CM11 M8 and CM10 RC2 through both the emmc recovery and the bootable sd card recovery. Even when the install goes smoothly, my Nook will just reboot back into whichever recovery I have installed.

Not sure what the problem is but would really appreciate any help. Thanks!
25th July 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,660

8,348 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceknight

My Nook HD+ keeps rebooting to my EMMC recovery (currently CWM 6.0.4.6) no matter what I try. It all started with a botched CM11 install from a while back. Since then I've tried installing CM11 M8 and CM10 RC2 through both the emmc recovery and the bootable sd card recovery. Even when the install goes smoothly, my Nook will just reboot back into whichever recovery I have installed.

Not sure what the problem is but would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

You need to go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a new bootable CWM SD per item 1a and use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6, followed by a system reset with CWM. That should get you going again and you can start over.

Sent from my SM-T900 using XDA Premium HD app
30th July 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I got the similar problem on my nook hd (version : CM10.1). Someday, it automatically upgraded and i interrupt it, then a tragedy comes. It always get into cyanboot and recovery 6.0.4.6 when i rebooted. And i try flash newer CM, but it always reboot. Then i try many ways during several days.

When i just wanted to give up, the miracle showed. My nook was connected on PC with internet, the screen is stuck on cyanboot as usually. Then new screen pop up to ask me set language.

I quickly flash recovery, CM11 and google market. In this time, recovery 6.0.4.6 was worked but i didn't why and how. BUT when i reboot it, it still went into cyanboot and recovery 6.0.4.6. In recovery menu, i try advanced-->reboot to bootloader. Yes, i got into new CM11

Now, although my nook get into recovery 6.0.4.6 when it rebooted, but tap advanced-->reboot to bootloader, which get 100% into CM11.

It really a tough work, and i still don't know how i solve it~~
1st August 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 419

1,379 posts
More
See this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1444630 for an explanation of one common (but not the only possible) cause of the "recovery boot loop" problem. Although it was written for the Nook Tablet, the same mechanism also applies to the Nook Color, Nook HD/HD+.

For the Nook Tablet (not HD/HD+), there is a flashable_fix_bootloop.zip created by XDA developer succulent (and posted at his Blog http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2013/...k-tablet-0110/) that can be flashed (using CWM/TWRP) to reset the two files BCB and BootCnt and thereby getting the NT out of the recovery boot loop condition; with a little tweak this tool can be adapted for use with another Nook device type such as HD or HD+.
Last edited by digixmax; 2nd August 2014 at 03:55 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread