Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help with Bootloop issue

OP wasabitobiko

22nd May 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
Ok.. So.. I had CWM 6.0.4.x loaded on my HD+ with Cyanoboot (rooted) running Cyanogenmod 11.x kitkat 4.4.2. The problem was CWM wasn't working so I tried to flash an img of openrecovery2.7.1-4.4 so I could try out another ROM.. now when it tries to start, I get the nook screen for about 2 seconds over and over and over.. until I do a hard shutdown.. any help is much appreciated..

Cheers!!
Last edited by wasabitobiko; 22nd May 2014 at 09:53 AM.
22nd May 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,675

8,373 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabitobiko

Ok.. So.. I had CWM 6.0.4.x loaded on my HD+ with Cyanoboot (rooted) running Cyanogenmod 11.x kitkat 4.4.2. The problem was CWM wasn't working so I tried to flash an img of openrecovery2.7.1-4.4 so I could try out another ROM.. now when it tries to start, I get the nook screen for about 2 seconds over and over and over.. until I do a hard shutdown.. any help is much appreciated..

Cheers!!

I suggest you go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable 6028 SD per item 1a and use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6. That should get you back going and you can start over.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
22nd May 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

I suggest you go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable 6028 SD per item 1a and use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6. That should get you back going and you can start over.

Thanks man.. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Cheers!
8th July 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Stuck at CWM main screen
Quote:

OK.. finally got around to dealing with my device. I created the sd card and am able to boot to cwm but that's it. CWM won't do anything, install zip from sdcard, sideload, wipe, backup/restore, mount.. nothing works. It just reverts back to the main CWM screen.. ADB doesn't recognize my device, etc.. any help is, once again, much appreciated.

Cheers!
8th July 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,675

8,373 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabitobiko

OK.. finally got around to dealing with my device. I created the sd card and am able to boot to cwm but that's it. CWM won't do anything, install zip from sdcard, sideload, wipe, backup/restore, mount.. nothing works. It just reverts back to the main CWM screen.. ADB doesn't recognize my device, etc.. any help is, once again, much appreciated.

Cheers!

you are pressing the wrong button. N is the select button. You are pressing power.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
8th July 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Dohhhhhh..
Quote:

you are pressing the wrong button. N is the select button. You are pressing power.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

What a dumbass!!!... Got things working again.. Huge thanks... again!!

Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread