Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] (Nook HD+) Netflix audio lags behind video on every custom ROM

OP glenairlie

23rd August 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
I have yet to find a ROM where the sound doesn't lag the video on the Netflix app. Even using the custom kernels makes no difference.

If I go back to the stock Nook HD+ ROM, there's no audio lag at all.

Really frustrating as I'd love to run a custom ROM but primarily use the Nook HD+ for surfing the web, youtube and Netflix.

All three Nook HD+ I've had have the same issue so it's not an issue with a specific device.

Any suggestions?
26th August 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 16

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenairlie

I have yet to find a ROM where the sound doesn't lag the video on the Netflix app. Even using the custom kernels makes no difference.

If I go back to the stock Nook HD+ ROM, there's no audio lag at all.

Really frustrating as I'd love to run a custom ROM but primarily use the Nook HD+ for surfing the web, youtube and Netflix.

All three Nook HD+ I've had have the same issue so it's not an issue with a specific device.

Any suggestions?

I have used CyanogenMod (now running 11.2 M8) for over a year with no such audio issues.
26th August 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

95 posts
I've been running verygreen's CM 10.1 almost a year now and ran netflix a bunch
of times, with no problems.
17th September 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
brand new to this... just installed CM 11 latest nightly build for the first time on the Nook HD+. All seems fine, except I notice this problem too. Audio lags in Netflix. Bummer.
24th September 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 82

316 posts
Well, audio can lag over cable TV as well as other stuff. If anyone could ever truly solve the problem because they can't.

Maybe background service(s) from other app(s) doing something funky as they can run during the video (for instance email can still be received during playback). You didn't say if it was a fresh new install with the least amount of installed apps possible (most controlled environment possible) . Bn rom unless rooted (I guess) wouldn't have access to all the same apps that could be installed.

There could be other differences as well that you haven't taken into account. Is the stream running at the same quality? Are all the nook apps (including internal like gapps) fully updated on the bn rom? It could be that the newer versions are more taxing on the hardware. Etc. All theoretical but what else is there with no concrete answer.
Last edited by sandsofmyst; 24th September 2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: what else? clarify
24th September 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsofmyst

Well, audio can lag over cable TV as well as other stuff. If anyone could ever truly solve the problem because they can't.

Maybe background service(s) from other app(s) doing something funky as they can run during the video (for instance email can still be received during playback). You didn't say if it was a fresh new install with the least amount of installed apps possible (most controlled environment possible) . Bn rom unless rooted (I guess) wouldn't have access to all the same apps that could be installed.

There could be other differences as well that you haven't taken into account. Is the stream running at the same quality? Are all the nook apps (including internal like gapps) fully updated on the bn rom? It could be that the newer versions are more taxing on the hardware. Etc. All theoretical but what else is there with no concrete answer.

It was a fresh install. I only have a handfull of apps. All apps are current.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread