Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't Play Video, Music Skipping, No Notifications, microSD void? NookHD 10.1.3

OP rabc

29th July 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi All

Firstly, a huge thankyou to @leapinlar for the "Dummies Guide for Installing CM 10.1/10.2" thread. It literally resurrected my sluggish, unusable NookHD sitting in the bottom of my drawer, to something i'm enjoying using via using CMD 10.1.3 Hummingbird!

I do have a few issues tho which I've searched high & low for but cannot seem to find answers, so figured I'd throw it out here:

(1) "can't play video": this is a message I keep getting when attempting to play any videos. they worked on the nook prior to the CM install, i'm using MX player as read that's the best for all codecs. the videos are all residing in the device's memory not the external microSD. should all media be stored (& played from) a microSD card, as opposed to the device memory?

(2) music scrubs speedily thru tracks: so basically can't listen to any mp3s on device. songs just skip thru themselves (like super fast scrubbing similar to sound of changing radio stations) then skips to next track. these mp3s also all reside on device's memory not the external microSD. again, should i play all media from the microSD?

(3) no notifications: i don't seem to be getting any notifications. gmail, facebook, twitter, instagram etc... nothing. when new emails come in, no sound, nor unread number updated on app icon (yup, gmail's configured correctly via managed labels etc). facebook & twitters app icons also don't update with a number representing a new notifications

(4) microSD not recognized: im testing with a small 2GB SanDisk microSD and although it is mounted, I don't see any option to "format SD". I also tried to export a photo & a zip from my Dropbox to the SD and although it appears to save it there, it doesn't -- saves it to internal. Am I missing something?

sorry if these are rookie questions, I will admit I am a rookie! any help or pointers appreciated.

cheers
r
Last edited by rabc; 29th July 2014 at 04:31 AM.
29th July 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabc

Hi All

Firstly, a huge thankyou to @leapinlar for the "Dummies Guide for Installing CM 10.1/10.2" thread. It literally resurrected my sluggish, unusable NookHD sitting in the bottom of my drawer, to something i'm enjoying using via using CMD 10.1.3 Hummingbird!

I do have a few issues tho which I've searched high & low for but cannot seem to find answers, so figured I'd throw it out here:

(1) "can't play video": this is a message I keep getting when attempting to play any videos. they worked on the nook prior to the CM install, i'm using MX player as read that's the best for all codecs. the videos are all residing in the device's memory not the external microSD. should all media be stored (& played from) a microSD card, as opposed to the device memory?

(2) music scrubs speedily thru tracks: so basically can't listen to any mp3s on device. songs just skip thru themselves (like super fast scrubbing similar to sound of changing radio stations) then skips to next track. these mp3s also all reside on device's memory not the external microSD. again, should i play all media from the microSD?

(3) no notifications: i don't seem to be getting any notifications. gmail, facebook, twitter, instagram etc... nothing. when new emails come in, no sound, nor unread number updated on app icon (yup, gmail's configured correctly via managed labels etc). facebook & twitters app icons also don't update with a number representing a new notifications

(4) microSD not recognized: im testing with a small 2GB SanDisk microSD and although it is mounted, I don't see any option to "format SD". I also tried to export a photo & a zip from my Dropbox to the SD and although it appears to save it there, it doesn't -- saves it to internal. Am I missing something?

sorry if these are rookie questions, I will admit I am a rookie! any help or pointers appreciated.

cheers
r

ok, so made progress after

audio & video both play well when:
(a) reside on the microSD card, not internal memory.
&
(b) are transferred on there externally via a card reader prior to inserting card into nook.
(transferring the *same* music/videos to the microSD whilst it resides in the nook (and connecting nook via USB) resulted it some files playing whilst others didn't... very temperamental)

as for notifications, they seem to have fixed itself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread