Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shortcut keys for logitech keyboard?

Tip us?

Goggles2114
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Shortcut keys for logitech keyboard?

After getting a usb female/female adaptor asnd finding a usb hostmode apk tyuping on android is actually pretty nice. My problem now is what about shortcut keys? There is no search button or menue key because desktop keyboard. alt tab and windows-key tab do the same thing. Ctrl c/v/x does wha'ts expected, but actual navigation is hard to manage.

I know chrome/browser and gmail have shortcut keys, but since I can't get to the home screen or apps list from keyboard or in the case of IM+ can't use keyboard to navigate between convrosations kinda bums me out.

Yes yes trying to turn tablet into a desktop. Hurr Hurr go get a laptop.

sandsofmyst
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles2114 View Post
After getting a usb female/female adaptor asnd finding a usb hostmode apk tyuping on android is actually pretty nice. My problem now is what about shortcut keys? There is no search button or menue key because desktop keyboard. alt tab and windows-key tab do the same thing. Ctrl c/v/x does wha'ts expected, but actual navigation is hard to manage.

I know chrome/browser and gmail have shortcut keys, but since I can't get to the home screen or apps list from keyboard or in the case of IM+ can't use keyboard to navigate between convrosations kinda bums me out.

Yes yes trying to turn tablet into a desktop. Hurr Hurr go get a laptop.
If you hook up a mouse too, you can use the mouse and click on home and back, etc. So its very much like a desktop then. A powered usb hub works for that.

It looks like windows key + esc might work as shortcut for home, but never tried it so maybe:
"If you want to test things out, try pressing the “Windows” key (“Apple” or “Command”) + ESC, and you will be whisked to your Home screen."
http://www.howtogeek.com/175267/the-...ndroid-device/

They also list these and more:
" ESC = go back
CTRL + ESC = menu
CTRL + ALT + DEL = restart (no questions asked)
ALT + SPACE = search page (say “OK Google” to voice search)
ALT + TAB (ALT + SHIFT + TAB) = switch tasks "

Who knows what else is lurking out there...
Moto G 4G | latest official rom 4.4.4NEW (Longest recorded uptime: 503 hours with 4.4.3)
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official rom (331 hours is about the most I can get before forced reboot or other.)