Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't remove default app setting

Tip us?

Darth Newton
Old
(Last edited by Darth Newton; 21st August 2014 at 02:26 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't remove default app setting

I have a Nook NT 16gb, rooted, stock firmware 4.3 running fine. My problem is I can't seem to clear a default app setting. For example video, it is currently set to the B&N my media app which I did accidentally (it originally asked me which one). Well now I can't remove it. I go into the nthidden settings/applications/all/mymedia but it doesn't say it is set as a default. When I KNOW it is, when I click on a movie in question it fires up the mymedia instead of one the other 3 installed. I tried the clear defaults but nope no help.

Any ideas?

Oh I also tried the "default app manager lite" in the google play store, but nope that doesn't show any defaults set either.

Darth Newton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Newton View Post
I have a Nook NT 16gb, rooted, stock firmware 4.3 running fine. My problem is I can't seem to clear a default app setting. For example video, it is currently set to the B&N my media app which I did accidentally (it originally asked me which one). Well now I can't remove it. I go into the nthidden settings/applications/all/mymedia but it doesn't say it is set as a default. When I KNOW it is, when I click on a movie in question it fires up the mymedia instead of one the other 3 installed. I tried the clear defaults but nope no help.

Any ideas?

Oh I also tried the "default app manager lite" in the google play store, but nope that doesn't show any defaults set either.
Well looks like like I figured it out. The setting was in the file manager app, not a true "global" setting. I cleared the data for the file manager and lo and behold the selection box reappeared.

I also found that if you are in the original B&N stock file manager system (in the library app) if you log press on a file you have the option to clear the default app setting globally for that file type. It wasn't my problem in this case but could be handy if for some reason the settings>-app-all-clearappsdefaultsettingsinquestion didn't work.