Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

android 4.4 for nts?

Tip us?

David0226
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3 View Post
Yeah, I know about the whole .tgz file thing. Been working in this department for a couple years.

But I also don't know what anyone's going to do with that source code!
I don't know either. helmen asked about the source code, I knew where to find it, so I posed it. Perhaps helmen or others might be able to do something with it.

thenookieforlife3
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0226 View Post
I don't know either. helmen asked about the source code, I knew where to find it, so I posed it. Perhaps helmen or others might be able to do something with it.
I think he wanted Barnes and Noble to post a source code for the Nook Touch to use Android 4.4.

Am I right, or did I misunderstand?
Sent from my rooted Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight using Opera Mini

Did you remember to back up your Nook?

My works:

[NST/NSTG] Cool status bar modification!
[GUIDE][1.2.1] Mounting USB Devices
Nook Glow Multitouch/USBHost Files

The best way to show someone on XDA that you're grateful for their post is to click/tap the button.

David0226
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3 View Post
I think he wanted Barnes and Noble to post a source code for the Nook Touch to use Android 4.4.

Am I right, or did I misunderstand?
Well, perhaps I misunderstood. There certainly isn't source code to use Andriod 4.4 on the Nook as B&N never intended that. However some android developers might be able to take the most recent source code, which I posted, and figure out a way to make a new version of Android run on it. (I personally think 4.4 would be a real stretch, but if somebody could figure out the eInk driver situation, 2.3 might be a possibility.) I don't know if the source for the eInk drivers would be in the source code (I doubt it) but if they are, someone might be able to use this.

~David

thenookieforlife3
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0226 View Post
Well, perhaps I misunderstood. There certainly isn't source code to use Andriod 4.4 on the Nook as B&N never intended that. However some android developers might be able to take the most recent source code, which I posted, and figure out a way to make a new version of Android run on it. (I personally think 4.4 would be a real stretch, but if somebody could figure out the eInk driver situation, 2.3 might be a possibility.) I don't know if the source for the eInk drivers would be in the source code (I doubt it) but if they are, someone might be able to use this.

~David
Ah, I see. Well, thanks for the conversation and the source code (not that I can do much with it, though - ADB and modifying the framework-res.apk are more fun for me! )
Sent from my rooted Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight using Opera Mini

Did you remember to back up your Nook?

My works:

[NST/NSTG] Cool status bar modification!
[GUIDE][1.2.1] Mounting USB Devices
Nook Glow Multitouch/USBHost Files

The best way to show someone on XDA that you're grateful for their post is to click/tap the button.