FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

android 4.4 for nts?

2nd September 2014, 03:50 PM |#11  
David0226's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atwater, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

Yeah, I know about the whole .tgz file thing. Been working in this department for a couple years.

But I also don't know what anyone's going to do with that source code!

I don't know either. helmen asked about the source code, I knew where to find it, so I posed it. Perhaps helmen or others might be able to do something with it.
 
 
2nd September 2014, 03:55 PM |#12  
ИΘΘK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag [classified]
Thanks Meter: 1,846
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0226

I don't know either. helmen asked about the source code, I knew where to find it, so I posed it. Perhaps helmen or others might be able to do something with it.

I think he wanted Barnes and Noble to post a source code for the Nook Touch to use Android 4.4.

Am I right, or did I misunderstand?
2nd September 2014, 04:05 PM |#13  
David0226's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atwater, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

I think he wanted Barnes and Noble to post a source code for the Nook Touch to use Android 4.4.

Am I right, or did I misunderstand?

Well, perhaps I misunderstood. There certainly isn't source code to use Andriod 4.4 on the Nook as B&N never intended that. However some android developers might be able to take the most recent source code, which I posted, and figure out a way to make a new version of Android run on it. (I personally think 4.4 would be a real stretch, but if somebody could figure out the eInk driver situation, 2.3 might be a possibility.) I don't know if the source for the eInk drivers would be in the source code (I doubt it) but if they are, someone might be able to use this.

~David
2nd September 2014, 04:12 PM |#14  
ИΘΘK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag [classified]
Thanks Meter: 1,846
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0226

Well, perhaps I misunderstood. There certainly isn't source code to use Andriod 4.4 on the Nook as B&N never intended that. However some android developers might be able to take the most recent source code, which I posted, and figure out a way to make a new version of Android run on it. (I personally think 4.4 would be a real stretch, but if somebody could figure out the eInk driver situation, 2.3 might be a possibility.) I don't know if the source for the eInk drivers would be in the source code (I doubt it) but if they are, someone might be able to use this.

~David

Ah, I see. Well, thanks for the conversation and the source code (not that I can do much with it, though - ADB and modifying the framework-res.apk are more fun for me! )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nook Touch Android Development by ThreadRank