OP helmen

2nd September 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #11  
Flag Atwater, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 27

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

Yeah, I know about the whole .tgz file thing. Been working in this department for a couple years.

But I also don't know what anyone's going to do with that source code!

I don't know either. helmen asked about the source code, I knew where to find it, so I posed it. Perhaps helmen or others might be able to do something with it.
2nd September 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #12  
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 620

920 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0226

I don't know either. helmen asked about the source code, I knew where to find it, so I posed it. Perhaps helmen or others might be able to do something with it.

I think he wanted Barnes and Noble to post a source code for the Nook Touch to use Android 4.4.

Am I right, or did I misunderstand?
2nd September 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #13  
Flag Atwater, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 27

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

I think he wanted Barnes and Noble to post a source code for the Nook Touch to use Android 4.4.

Am I right, or did I misunderstand?

Well, perhaps I misunderstood. There certainly isn't source code to use Andriod 4.4 on the Nook as B&N never intended that. However some android developers might be able to take the most recent source code, which I posted, and figure out a way to make a new version of Android run on it. (I personally think 4.4 would be a real stretch, but if somebody could figure out the eInk driver situation, 2.3 might be a possibility.) I don't know if the source for the eInk drivers would be in the source code (I doubt it) but if they are, someone might be able to use this.

~David
2nd September 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #14  
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 620

920 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0226

Well, perhaps I misunderstood. There certainly isn't source code to use Andriod 4.4 on the Nook as B&N never intended that. However some android developers might be able to take the most recent source code, which I posted, and figure out a way to make a new version of Android run on it. (I personally think 4.4 would be a real stretch, but if somebody could figure out the eInk driver situation, 2.3 might be a possibility.) I don't know if the source for the eInk drivers would be in the source code (I doubt it) but if they are, someone might be able to use this.

~David

Ah, I see. Well, thanks for the conversation and the source code (not that I can do much with it, though - ADB and modifying the framework-res.apk are more fun for me! )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread