17th September 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington D.C. Goals: Become an RC
Thanks Meter: 258

588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Update coming out soon...
I have an update coming out today or tomorrow that edits the Back, Menu, and Notifications status bar buttons! Stay tuned!

The Following User Says Thank You to thenookieforlife3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member

588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Update time!
The update has arrived!

As previously hinted, in this update I edited the Back, Menu, and Notifications buttons on the status bar. The specifics are as follows:

Back - I changed the "circular"-type arrow to a nice, minimalistic left-pointing arrow. It's easier to see/read.

Menu - As I have the "Menu" activity assigned to a hard key, another soft menu button is useless to me. So instead of reskin the menu button with another version of a menu icon, I changed the appearance to a closed lock inside a circle, or a screen rotation button! To make this actually change the screen orientation, you'll need Nook Touch Mod Manager (to assign the button to a different activity), as well as the rotation-locking app I've attached (DISCLAIMER - I didn't make the orientation app!). Then, just open up NTMM, tap "Modify Button Actions", scroll down to the bottom page, tap "Statusbar - Menu", and then scroll down until you see "Screen Rotation Control". Tap it, and it will assign the Menu button to that app.

Notifications - Just for the fun of it, I horizontally flipped the "speech bubble" icon. Nothing too drastic.

See attachments for the screen rotation app, the new framework-res.apk, and a screenshot of the edited status bar!

Don't forget to leave a post thank if you enjoy it!

3N

EDIT- I have released an alternate version that doesn't change the function of the menu button - it just makes the white bars a little wider and thicker and removes the circle. The alternate framework-res.apk is attached below as "framework-res_alt.apk". Don't forget to change the name back to "framework-res.apk" before replacing!

EDIT 2 - Added a screenshot of the alternate status bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140917193559.png
Views:	56
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	2941064   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140918210018.png
Views:	41
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	2942242  
Attached Files
File Type: apk framework-res.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.96 MB, 10 views)
File Type: apk bong.android.androidlock.apk - [Click for QR Code] (246.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: apk framework-res_alt.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.96 MB, 3 views)
Last edited by thenookieforlife3; 19th September 2014 at 02:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thenookieforlife3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Stock Reader Update!
So you guys'll recall that a while back I failed at editing ReaderRMSDK.apk's GlowLight symbol. Well, not so anymore.

Finally got it up and working, and now I'm posting it for your usage pleasure!

As you may know, the main editing in this update is that I changed the light_off.png and light_on.png images to correspond with my framework-res.apk GlowLight symbol editing.

Here're a few screenshots (sorry about the clock font, I've edited that to be the XDA font!) and the new ReaderRMSDK.apk.

Be sure to hit the thanks button if you like it!

3N

Oh yeah, and the clock font isn't included - that's a personal mod of mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140918102320.png
Views:	30
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	2941712   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140918102348.png
Views:	30
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	2941713  
Attached Files
File Type: apk ReaderRMSDK.apk - [Click for QR Code] (981.4 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by thenookieforlife3; 29th September 2014 at 09:20 PM.
27th September 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Opening Up to Recommendations!
Hey, all!

I am now officially opening up this thread to suggestions for the framework (I'm just going to start calling it a theme). Therefore, if you have any ideas about what aspect of the UI I should modify next, please, p l e a s e post your ideas here for me!

Thanks,

3N
Last edited by thenookieforlife3; 4th October 2014 at 01:04 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mod, nook, nst, statusbar, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread