NST won't connect to B&N

Search This thread

OverByter

Nov 1, 2010
West Haven
After rooting and re-rooting ½ dozen different NST I find that sometimes after rooting I'm no longer able to access the B&N storefront, whether to browse or download purchased content. I can't seem to find any common denominator, different kernels, installed apps, it just seems random, the only solution that I've found is to revert back to the original nandroid that was made right after rooting and starting from there. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you go about correcting it? TIA OB

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

N

NOOK!E

After rooting and re-rooting ½ dozen different NST I find that sometimes after rooting I'm no longer able to access the B&N storefront, whether to browse or download purchased content. I can't seem to find any common denominator, different kernels, installed apps, it just seems random, the only solution that I've found is to revert back to the original nandroid that was made right after rooting and starting from there. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you go about correcting it? TIA OB

Does this mean that you get a flash screen when you try to open Shop.apk?

Is this device assuredly registered with B&N already?

OverByter

Nov 1, 2010
West Haven
To answer you both, the nooks have been registered and working fine within the B&N ecosystem, however after awhile of trying different apps and settings I lose the ability to communicate with :B&N, on every device to be able to restore connectivity I flashed a nandroid backup specific to that device. It just seems to randomly stop connecting and the only way to rectify it is to go back in time with the nandroid. Which is much simpler than me originally going back to stock and rerooting the device. I wish I could narrow it down because I have quite a few gift cards from relatives, even if I purchased them on my pc I have no way to download them to the Nook itself. If anyone has any ideas I'm up for testing. TIA
OB

N

NOOK!E

To answer you both, the nooks have been registered and working fine within the B&N ecosystem, however after awhile of trying different apps and settings I lose the ability to communicate with :B&N, on every device to be able to restore connectivity I flashed a nandroid backup specific to that device. It just seems to randomly stop connecting and the only way to rectify it is to go back in time with the nandroid. Which is much simpler than me originally going back to stock and rerooting the device. I wish I could narrow it down because I have quite a few gift cards from relatives, even if I purchased them on my pc I have no way to download them to the Nook itself. If anyone has any ideas I'm up for testing. TIA
OB

So what is ACTUALLY happening when you try to, let's say, open the shop?

OverByter

Nov 1, 2010
West Haven
The sync button rotates a couple of times then all of the panes are blank, if I try from the home screen I get a generic error message that something went wrong and to try again. Happens on the home screen, library and the storefront. :banghead:
OB

N

NOOK!E

The sync button rotates a couple of times then all of the panes are blank, if I try from the home screen I get a generic error message that something went wrong and to try again. Happens on the home screen, library and the storefront. :banghead:
OB

Boo. I don't really want to tell you this (because it's a hassle), but back when I was a newbie with hacking and such, I had that problem, too, and I had to do the interrupted-boot reset to fix it. :thumbdown:

OverByter

Nov 1, 2010
West Haven
Why would it be a hassle, there's a much better way to get back to factory stock, just hold down the lower page turn buttons while powering up the device, after a few seconds you'll get a prompt asking if you wish to reset the device. :cool: :thumbup: No more 8 failed boot attempts before you could reset. :p
OB

N

NOOK!E

Why would it be a hassle, there's a much better way to get back to factory stock, just hold down the lower page turn buttons while powering up the device, after a few seconds you'll get a prompt asking if you wish to reset the device. :cool: :thumbup: No more 8 failed boot attempts before you could reset. :p
OB

It's not the same process. You can also boot with NookManager and do the factory reset offered there, as it makes the Nook think that it has been unsuccessfully booted 8 times in order to get the actual factory IMAGE to restore.

I'm signing off now. Bye.