Thanks Meter: 26

83 posts
More
@MrBollo
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=408
18th January 2015, 03:40 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thanks Kramar111! Sorry for my noob-ness, but could you help me accessing uRamdisk? I tried through Root Browser but I couldn't locate it... Also tried with omaplink that I used when rooting according to the first post in this thread, but the boot partition no longer shows up when I connect with USB...
18th January 2015, 09:57 PM   |  #33  
Flag /dev/block/uba1
Thanks Meter: 1,217

1,536 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBollo

Thanks Kramar111! Sorry for my noob-ness, but could you help me accessing uRamdisk? I tried through Root Browser but I couldn't locate it... Also tried with omaplink that I used when rooting according to the first post in this thread, but the boot partition no longer shows up when I connect with USB...

You can mount it in the shell using this:

Code:
mount -o rw,remount rootfs /
mkdir /boot
mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /boot
Then you can use Root Explorer.
6th February 2015, 03:26 AM   |  #34  
Flag South Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 32

199 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can't install the USB drivers
I have the new nook Glowlight. I want to root using the process on this thread but I'm stuck at the very beginning. I have downloaded all of the files and my OS is Windows 7 64bit. The problem is installing the drivers. I'm using a laptop that I never connected my nook to before today. I tried a half dozen times to install the drivers by right clicking as fast as I can on "omap3660" . The only thing that happens is Windows installs it's own drivers or drivers from the nook I'm not sure which ones. Each time I fail to install the drivers I use the process of editing the registry to remove the drivers using the program linked on this thread and the command "psexec -s -i -d regedit.exe". I delete the Nook bootloader's device ID "0451:d00e" and some of the time I search nook in the registry and delete 32 other nook keys. After all of that "omap3660" does pop up in the device manager when I connect the nook but as I said right clicking on it does nothing and Windows installs it's own drivers. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Doesn't appear anyone else is having this issue. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you very much.
7th February 2015, 02:44 PM   |  #35  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Boston
Thanks Meter: 844

2,016 posts
I know that getting the drivers installed on Win7 has been a problem.
Unfortunately, I don't even use Win7 so I can't give any specific advice.
It seems to me that on XP the "Found new hardware" dialog pops up and stays up even on briefly appearing devices.
Maybe you checked "automatically install" or something at one point?
Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2500967
7th February 2015, 11:19 PM   |  #36  
Flag South Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 32

199 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate NST

I know that getting the drivers installed on Win7 has been a problem.
Unfortunately, I don't even use Win7 so I can't give any specific advice.
It seems to me that on XP the "Found new hardware" dialog pops up and stays up even on briefly appearing devices.
Maybe you checked "automatically install" or something at one point?
Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2500967

Thank you very much for your reply. I gave up trying on my Windows 7 laptop and tried again on my Windows 8.1 desktop. I was able to get the drivers installed after going through a big hassle getting Win8 to let me install an unsigned driver. Anyway I still didn't get very far. I ran the omaplink command as instructed and plugged in my nook. I didn't see a popup to manually select android_winusb.inf but I did get something in the command prompt. The furthest it got was waiting for fastboot and not waiting for ADB as per your instructions. The attachment is a screen shot of where I am. Do you think you know what I need to do at this point?

Screenshot of command prompt
14th February 2015, 02:36 AM   |  #37  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Boston
Thanks Meter: 844

2,016 posts
Offhand, I believe you want the u-boot13.bin at 175,024 bytes.

Also you need the same drivers for fastboot too.
While you are doing this, run devmgmt.msc
If you stall with an unknown device, then you need to install a driver.
If you stall with nothing unknown, then your u-boot is wrong/bad.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread