FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Full Root for Nook Glowlight

11th April 2015, 09:12 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys! First timer here on the forums. I really appreciate all the knowledge here! I have the latest Nook Glowlight model and was thinking about rooting it. BeforeI attempt it I just wanted everyone's opinion. Is it worth it? What are the capabilities and what all can it run? I appreciate everyone's feedback in advance, like I said I just want to make sure it would be worth it before I commit to the root process since it looks pretty involved. Thanks!

14th April 2015, 12:32 AM |#42  

More
Do it
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiostustar

Hey guys! First timer here on the forums. I really appreciate all the knowledge here! I have the latest Nook Glowlight model and was thinking about rooting it. BeforeI attempt it I just wanted everyone's opinion. Is it worth it? What are the capabilities and what all can it run? I appreciate everyone's feedback in advance, like I said I just want to make sure it would be worth it before I commit to the root process since it looks pretty involved. Thanks!

Truth is you can do it in 15 minutes if you follow the GREAT step-by-step in the first post. However, I could never do it on Windows 7 but 8 worked for me. I can now surf the web on Opera Mini, read PDF magazines, access my Kindle library and even use WhatsApp.

By the way, I found the Advanced IP Scanner program very useful to find my Nook's IP as my router and Windows 8 have no network map capabilities. Good luck!
2nd May 2015, 01:56 PM |#43  

More
hi guys, i will be a proud owner of nook glowlight soon! and am wondering if i will be able to "unlock" the additional 2gb storage reserved for nook content if i were to root it.
2nd May 2015, 02:00 PM |#44  
Flag [classified]
Thanks Meter: 1,849

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingeloh

hi guys, i will be a proud owner of nook glowlight soon! and am wondering if i will be able to "unlock" the additional 2gb storage reserved for nook content if i were to root it.

Of course, you can!
2nd May 2015, 02:08 PM |#45  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ИΘΘK

Of course, you can!

thanks bud for the quick response, im pretty confident in rooting but not too sure about what will happen after. will i be able to retain the original nook os after i have rooted, my sole purpose is to utilize the 2gb storage reserved for nook content so im not planning to mess up the actual operation of the tablet, like the backlight function and etc.

just 1 more question if it's okay, how do i go about unlocking the locked storage, must i download additional application or it will be shown once i plug it into the desktop?
2nd May 2015, 02:13 PM |#46  
Flag [classified]
Thanks Meter: 1,849

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingeloh

thanks bud for the quick response, im pretty confident in rooting but not too sure about what will happen after. will i be able to retain the original nook os after i have rooted, my sole purpose is to utilize the 2gb storage reserved for nook content so im not planning to mess up the actual operation of the tablet, like the backlight function and etc.

just 1 more question if it's okay, how do i go about unlocking the locked storage, must i download additional application or it will be shown once i plug it into the desktop?

I personally don't know off the top of my head how to do it, but if you'll read very carefully through this entire thread, I believe there are instructions somewhere in here.
The Following User Says Thank You to ИΘΘK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2015, 07:40 AM |#47  

More
I have a Nook Glowlight with sw version 1.3.1. I'm trying to root it to install a proper reader software that shows all Unicode ranges for fonts embedded into EPUB files, because the Nook Reader shows squares for some characters in my books, so the device in itself is completely unusable for me.

I followed this process on win7 and 8.1. On both I'm stuck at "Waiting for bootloader" in omaplink. The small OMAP window shows the increase in attached drives, but that's it.
The driver was installed with Have Disk selection. On win7 the device driver dialog then stated "Motorola Flash Interface" (I have a Moto G phone, which had been connected...), on 8.1 it was OMAP3630 (phone never connected).

Do you have some tips or pointers what to look for? Do I need a different set of files for version 1.3.1?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread