[ROM] Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2 v1.1 (10/3/14) (Updater, Debloated, and more!)

OP rwilco12

21st October 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #361  
Thanks Meter: 9

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spodemaster

Update on weirdness.
I'm still on version 1.0 but need to probably reinstall.
I made the mistake of allowing superSU to update and chose the option to let the os handle it instead of CWM.
Now root doesn't work, I've tried installing the zip via recovery.
I've tried repairing root via philz recovery, then installing via playstore
then again trying philz root repair, then install via zip.

Root doesn't work anymore.
The first weird issue I noticed that let me know root was dead was WeChat stopped working application manager was reporting it was using 467gb of data :|
So I guess I'm looking at trying v1.1
Hey does it have flashlight mode?

Otherwise this rom has been one of the best I've used on the GN2 so far!!!! Thanks a million.

Before you try wiping and installing 1.1, try just flashing 1.0 over without wiping (or copying the relevant root files over from the 1.0 zip, then fixing permissions). That worked for me.
21st October 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #362  
Flag NH

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes the SU update causes loss of root. This is the case with all versions of Rwilco's ROM, Tx's version as well as community ROM. Set play store to never update apps automatically and update the ones you want without updating SU.

My two cents: don't dirty flash or try moving root files to get root back. Do a clean wipe and install and as much of a pain as it can be; don't restore apps and data from TBU. Any shortcut is a possibly to cause added frustration when it fails.
The Following User Says Thank You to pfroyjr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:51 AM   |  #363  
Thanks Meter: 4

86 posts
Excellent rom. Rock solid, clean, and fast. Thanks op!

In the past android versions, I was always able to use Hangouts and Samsung messaging simultaneously, with messages
being viewable in both and the ability to send messages from either application. I noticed that in this version, you can only use one or the other, and have to set one as the "default" messaging app, which disables the other. Any workarounds to this? I liked being able to use both.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkellsam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 02:15 PM   |  #364  
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
Root not working
Hello,

I flashed from stock NE2 to this and everything went smooth. The only issue i have it seems root in not working the SuperSU app is installed but when i click it nothing happens. I used root checker and it states this device is not rooted. I even tried to manually root in TWRP 2.8 and still nothing. any ideas ?
I also tried the tool kit method and nothing it installs superSu and busybox but busybox wont install gives error about permission
Search feature on this thread keeps giving me error

Any help will be appreciated

Thank You
Today, 02:27 PM   |  #365  
Flag NH

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by travieso1208

Hello,

I flashed from stock NE2 to this and everything went smooth. The only issue i have it seems root in not working the SuperSU app is installed but when i click it nothing happens. I used root checker and it states this device is not rooted. I even tried to manually root in TWRP 2.8 and still nothing. any ideas ?
I also tried the tool kit method and nothing it installs superSu and busybox but busybox wont install gives error about permission

Thank You

Check the version of SU. The newest update causes loss of root and doesn't work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pfroyjr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 02:40 PM   |  #366  
Thanks Meter: 253

907 posts
More
Quote:

Hello,

Thank You

Yes the new version has some issues... try flashing 2.02 in recovery and see

SGNote2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guycan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 02:57 PM   |  #367  

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfroyjr

Check the version of SU. The newest update causes loss of root and doesn't work.

Version 1.94 is installed i stopped the auto update[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Ok Ill give it a go.Will report back thanks

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by guycan

Yes the new version has some issues... try flashing 2.02 in recovery and see

SGNote2

I tried same thing . how can i get root again ?
Today, 03:54 PM   |  #368  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 239

495 posts
More
Quote:

Version 1.94 is installed i stopped the auto update[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Ok Ill give it a go.Will report back thanks

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I tried same thing . how can i get root again ?

One of three things:

1. Either a reflash of the ROM will bring it back
2. Manually place the SU Files in their respective locations via recovery manually ( worked for me )
3. Flash 1.94 and then manually install the 2.01 or 2.02 SU apk..
Today, 05:30 PM   |  #369  

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel

One of three things:

2. Manually place the SU Files in their respective locations via recovery manually ( worked for me )

Can you please elaborate on step 2. Like location and which exact files?

Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel

One of three things:

The weird thing is I reflashed the ROM and even without Google updating the supersu at there is no root

i have manager to install supersu 2.01 but when i launch it it states no SU binaries found

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Thank You Step 3 took care of my Issue root is back !!!!
Last edited by travieso1208; Today at 04:41 PM.
Today, 05:40 PM   |  #370  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 239

495 posts
More
Quote:

Can you please elaborate on step 2. Like location and which exact files?

Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

The weird thing is I reflashed the ROM and even without Google updating the supersu at there is no root

i have manager to install supersu 2.01 but when i launch it it states no SU binaries found

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Thank You Step 3 took care of my Issue root is back !!!!

Glad it worked for you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome saunce, mostly stock, rom, rwilco12
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy Note II Android Development by ThreadRank