FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2 v1.3 (1/24/15) (Updater, Debloated, and more!)

Announcement from rwilco12: Version 1.3 now available!
10th April 2015, 05:58 AM |#781  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

You can do anything you want but any dev will tell you to clean flash. If you dont clean flash then any issues you have are on you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1o6r3

I'm a little bit retarded and I updated SU and it ****ed up. While I was reflashing the rom, I forgot to wipe things and it turned out ok since it had no problem and downgraded SU. If there are more cases you can dirty flash, I don't know. But in that case it worked and I lost nothing

Well, I cleared for a new ROM in Philz, and then flashed 1.3. Everything seems okay, except my internal storage is seemingly gone, but unavailable. So my internal storage is full, and I seem to have lost all the files that were on it. Is is possible the partitions got screwed up and it thinks there's less space than there is?

EDIT: I figured it out, the partition got dumped into the /data/lost+found/ folder, I was able to recover 41% before the task failed. So Now I'm individually copying parts I need from it. Very thankful though that they are there.
Last edited by kchannel9; 10th April 2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: figured it out

11th April 2015, 04:19 AM |#782  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
great rom, one question
Loving this rom so far. Only issue I'm seeing so far is the inability to choose or upload a pic when using tinfoil for Facebook. I didn't have this issue on dirty unicorns. Does anyone have a fix? Thanks again for the rom, blows stock out of the water.
The Following User Says Thank You to asalott2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2015, 04:32 PM |#783  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

The Play Store issues are probably unrelated. The device ID error is actually common among users of TB. Good news is that it's an easy fix.

In TB go to the menu and scroll nearly to the bottom. Select Manage Android ID. Select the restore from backup option and reboot your phone. You should be good to go!

Will anything negative occur if I restore it and it's older? Like from 1.1, and I'm on 1.3 now
13th April 2015, 08:11 PM |#784  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchannel9

Will anything negative occur if I restore it and it's older? Like from 1.1, and I'm on 1.3 now

No, nothing will happen. Just make sure to wipe everything including internal memory and backup your ROM before that and flash
14th April 2015, 05:03 PM |#785  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So, I read there are issues with charging while the phone is off, but have people has issues with it charging while the phone is on? I keep thinking "FINE I'M GETTING A S6 EDGE!" cause the phone doesn't charge and then I plug it in again and it magically charges again. Anyone seeing this?
14th April 2015, 08:53 PM |#786  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 46

More
No problem charging with any if the rwilco roms.. Currently on 1.3 ..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ScottieRotten For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2015, 02:09 PM |#787  

More
it's weird, I've tried it on multiple chargers, multiple cables, etc... It won't charge, reboots, etc... do nothing and then while plugged in, hours later it will make a "I'm charging now" noise.
17th April 2015, 02:34 PM |#788  
Flag St. Louis, MO. Go Cardinals!!
Thanks Meter: 327

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron

So, I read there are issues with charging while the phone is off, but have people has issues with it charging while the phone is on? I keep thinking "FINE I'M GETTING A S6 EDGE!" cause the phone doesn't charge and then I plug it in again and it magically charges again. Anyone seeing this?

The reason i traded in my EVO for this is because the charge receptacle on the phone went bad. I would google it and YouTube cleaning the receptacle. I dont know what options there are, bit i know for sure that dust and lint can easily get in there.
Now, my EVO receptacle was soldered on and the solder was so tiny i couldn't imagine trying to solder it myself. One of the selling point of this phone was that they use screw's.

Please bar in mind, i have not done this on this phone, just thoughts I had that might help.

Last thing. You can buy a battery on Amazon for $10. Its time. Mine just got replaced after a day of flashing everything under the sun in panic.. Lol.. The battery was the problem.
17th April 2015, 04:40 PM |#789  

More
it's weird cause it will just all of a sudden start charging. I already have 4 different batteries, including a 3x zero lemon battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome saunce, mostly stock, rom, rwilco12
Previous Thread Next Thread