FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[ROM] Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2 v1.3 (1/24/15) (Updater, Debloated, and more!)

3,461 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,130

By rwilco12, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep on 24th August 2014, 04:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from rwilco12: Version 1.3 now available!
30th July 2015, 09:35 AM |#801  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeOhio

So was there post somewhere for this, showing how to get the screen rotation working for the home screen and lock screens? I found these few posts but nothing else yet.

Couple of post more....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=143

If you rather, just decompile both System APK's and compare the settings. Check for the bools and if I recall there is a difference in one of the smali for the Launcher rotations but I believe that is in the Launcher APK.
Last edited by DarkAngel; 30th July 2015 at 12:12 PM.

7th August 2015, 03:38 AM |#802  
Flag Green, OH
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I don't suppose there are going to be any patches for the Stagefreight exploit on this ROM???
8th August 2015, 07:44 PM |#803  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't suppose there are going to be any patches for the Stagefreight exploit on this ROM???

I don't plan on one at this time. Samsung hasn't released an update and I no longer have ever phone to test any updates.

There are however several third party apps that have patches built into the app that you can use as a replacement for the stock messaging app (I'm using Textra on my S5).

Sorry!
8th August 2015, 08:54 PM |#804  
Flag Green, OH

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

I don't plan on one at this time. Samsung hasn't released an update and I no longer have ever phone to test any updates.

There are however several third party apps that have patches built into the app that you can use as a replacement for the stock messaging app (I'm using Textra on my S5).

Sorry!

The Following User Says Thank You to SpikeOhio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2015, 11:03 PM |#805  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you see a fix posted elsewhere let me know and I'll do what I can but I can't make any promises.
The Following User Says Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2015, 08:13 PM |#806  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Awesome rom! Thank you! I have a question though, is it possible to get the pen window from the Note 3 on our sprint phones?

Thank you!
10th August 2015, 04:00 AM |#807  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Why does my Google Navi lag?
15th August 2015, 03:42 AM |#808  
Flag Green, OH

More
Quote:

Thanks for everything you've done for this ROM so far, it's pretty awesome...and hopefully the last ROM I'll have on this phone. I tend to not change unless I have problems. I haven't had time to do much poking around on other ROMS, (un)fortunately I got a new job so have been quite busy. All I know so far is that the CM 10.1 to CM 12.1 roms have been updated already. I don't know if anything can be gleened from them or not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

If you see a fix posted elsewhere let me know and I'll do what I can but I can't make any promises.

Any chance this will help? It has a link for patches but I don't know enough to know if they can just be installed/flashed to any phone. And if they do have a patch and a detector app, then why can't they have the app do the patch?

https://blog.zimperium.com/stagefrig...tool-released/[COLOR="Silver"]
22nd August 2015, 03:06 AM |#809  
Flag Texas, USA
Thanks Meter: 4,348

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:

Any chance this will help? It has a link for patches but I don't know enough to know if they can just be installed/flashed to any phone. And if they do have a patch and a detector app, then why can't they have the app do the patch?

https://blog.zimperium.com/stagefrig...tool-released/[COLOR="Silver"]

Short answer, no this will not help. The patches will be device specific. Theoretically the detector app "could" also be used to patch devices but it's not practical because the app developer would have to have a close relationship with google and all of the manufacturers and include these patches in the app via their servers. the app would be quite large by the time is was updated to include this type of features. It's best to wait for Google, Samsung and your carrier to push out the updates that include the patches. From what I've read, the initial patches are still not 100% effective so they're still working on this problem.
In the meantime you can just disable the option called “auto retrieve MMS” in your messaging app(s). That should stop any videos from auto downloading & playing. This in turn will stop the malicious code from executing. Another thing to remember is IF the mms you recieve is a "forwarded" type mms with an imbedded video then I would delete it immediately without opening it. If you get a video directly from a friend or family member that you KNOW they took themselves then I would say it's probably safe to download and watch. Just use this approach folks and you will be fine. Last thing, I would recommend Bitdefender and you can get it from Google Play.
The Following User Says Thank You to tx_dbs_tx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome saunce, mostly stock, rom, rwilco12
Previous Thread Next Thread