OTA Update.zip - NE2 to NK2 (4.4.2)

Search This thread

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
Nifty. Thank you. So it's mostly the same, but with a root block? Plus a little better security in our favor as well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Adam1422

Jun 10, 2010
MN
Can we just flash?

Im on NE2 4.4.2 PORT /w Verizon OTA DN7....just wondering if it will brick my device?

Last edited:

treasureking

Feb 7, 2011
Got this update ove the air. Unfornately it broke my phone. Now it is stuck when booting. Recovering. I leaned a lesson not to trust any update and I should have done a backup.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Got this update ove the air. Unfornately it broke my phone. Now it is stuck when booting. Recovering. I leaned a lesson not to trust any update and I should have done a backup.

Were you rooted with a custom recovery? You should know that you need to be 100% stock to accept updates and as this clearly is made to block root you cannot even be "just rooted."

treasureking

Feb 7, 2011
That's exactly right. My phone was "just rooted". Lesson learned. The bright part is I got another chance to refresh my experience to use odin to unblock it.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
That's exactly right. My phone was "just rooted". Lesson learned. The bright part is I got another chance to refresh my experience to use odin to unblock it.

Glad you got it working. Always wise to wait and see what others say about the OTA's first. It is safe to assume that security will only get tighter going forward. Wait for developers to pull bootloader and baseband out as a flashable, then also update the ROMs to be able to get on the latest. Most of the time someone will post a pure stock rooted ROM.

kscarabin

How do you use odin to unblock this OTA? What do you load?

I am having the same problem...this is my wife's phone and I rooted it some time ago. This OTA was pushed and now she is in a boot cycle. What do I load through ODIN that will correct it?

romagnus

Nov 19, 2008
www.romangalysh.com
Apparently Sprint hasn't completely given up on us yet!

OTA update.zip available for download! :)

Nothing overly exciting in this release but I'm posting a download for those who would like it.

Details: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...or-ota-update-but-not-until-january-6th-2015/

Download: http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.p...Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)/OTA Updates

Thanks to @BipolarMike for pulling the OTA and uploading it for us.

Enjoy!

I saw this this morning on my phone. When I went to update it asked if I wanted to install this untrusted file. I declined. So there's nothing special about this but a number change?

Edit: Now that I read the details I'm glad I didn't update and lose root.

Last edited:

itsspencer

Oct 13, 2009
I am having the same problem...this is my wife's phone and I rooted it some time ago. This OTA was pushed and now she is in a boot cycle. What do I load through ODIN that will correct it?

Um ya. I've rooted a number of phones. I was hitting my alarm and wasn't thinking when I hit update...

Is the best way to fix this brick to just flash new stock ROM from odin? I would def be appriciative if someone cud lay down the play by play for best way forward before I start mucking around.

- dohhh:confused:

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Um ya. I've rooted a number of phones. I was hitting my alarm and wasn't thinking when I hit update...

Is the best way to fix this brick to just flash new stock ROM from odin? I would def be appriciative if someone cud lay down the play by play for best way forward before I start mucking around.

- dohhh:confused:

Yep. Best method would be to flash a stock ROM. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2780984 Direction and downloads are both in that thread. Enjoy and good luck!

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
The stock keyboard is killing me when choosing words from the suggested list with this update. It always double spaces when selecting a word! That and with swipe not being totally accurate it's a headache. Guess I'll download kii and make it my default.. It's also crazy how this phone never gets updated with new kernels. My mom's S3 went up to 3.4.0 after kitkat and this phone did not. Why?

chzeckmate

Dec 9, 2010
Houston

gronimo21

Apr 16, 2011
WINTER PARK,FL
Apparently Sprint hasn't completely given up on us yet!

OTA update.zip available for download! :)

Nothing overly exciting in this release but I'm posting a download for those who would like it.

Details: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...or-ota-update-but-not-until-january-6th-2015/

Download: http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.p...Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)/OTA Updates

Thanks to @BipolarMike for pulling the OTA and uploading it for us.

Enjoy!
will i lose data if i redownload this

Top Liked Posts