Possible brick?

Search This thread

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey guys. Bit rusty on this phone as I have been on the M8 for a while but my wife uses it. Her phone is stock rooted (Digiblur's rom I think.) and today after having the phone charging over night she went to turn it on and it got stuck on the Samsung logo screen. I don't have the phone near me at the moment but can you guys refresh my memory and advise the best steps to take? Pretty sure the phone has TWRP recovery but I forgot how to manually access it (if that's even the right course of action.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Damn man you posted 8 hrs ago. You expect someone to just jump out and fix your issue asap? Give people a chance and you might get help.

My first guess would be battery. Plug phone to wall and see if it boots fully. If it does unplug it and it will most likely shut down or crash. You should be able to boot into recovery without being plugged in since it requires much less power to run. This device has come to that point in its life span where the battery just gives up. I bet if you ask your wife she will probably have noticed that charges don't last as long either.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kevohero

Dec 14, 2010
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55712636

Check this out worked for me. I would deff check battery first but if that fails this could help you. I know when i wasnt rooted on stock rom the phone had an error in recovery saying efs folder couldnt mount. After rooting the stock rom with a custom recovery, the error didnt show up but was still present.